Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Big Wheel Homer !!
1,752 Posts
Welcome to the forums..SORBA Huntsville has a introductory ride once a month on Monte Sano, and this months happens to be tomorrow at 1 pm. All you need is your bike and a helmet. Meet at the hikers parking lot. This is a low key ride for beginners to the advanced rider to get to know the trails on Monte Sano.

There are also group rides during the week after work. Monday's I do a single speed group ride, but your welcome to join in, and Wednesday there is a small group ride, both start at 5:30. On Thursday's at 5:30 is the SORBA after work ride and depending on who and how many show up kinda determines the pace, but most of the time there ends up being a fast group and not so fast group.

The link below my post is for the local website with ride information and updates. It also has trail information and some maps, but I'm sorry to say it's down right now. Some hackers got in and screwed everything up and our IT guys are trying to get it fixed and back on line. I don't understand why someone would pick us to hack :confused: but oh well.

See ya on the trails,
Steve

·
Big Wheel Homer !!
1,752 Posts
Enter Monte Sano State Park on Nolen Ave. When the road spilts, stay to the right. Almost as soon as you get onto the right leg of the "Y" the hikers parking will be the gravel lot on your right. Tim Storey will be leading the ride.

Have fun

Attachments

·
Big Wheel Homer !!
1,752 Posts
joshtotheb said:
thanks man...I actually rode this afternoon with tim...had a great time...figured out my schwinn probably isn't gonna cut it
Glad you had fun...looks like the website is back up, so be sure the check it out for ride info and other stuff about Monte Sano.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.