Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is winter here and the Sidi's are on the bottom rack in the closet. I have lived in winter climes now for many years and tried all kinds of footwear to get through the ordeal. This is a link to the best I have found so far: http://www.gemplers.com/a/shop/list.asp?UID=200512012232344537424695&SKW=bogs boots

I have the 15" boots and just got a pair of the Tillamook models. The boots comfort range I would say is 0degree to 50degree and they don't seem to cause sweating. I am using them for an outside work boot and they also have excellent traction. I no doubt will be trying them on some flat pedals here when I get inspired to ride in the snow.

The Tillamooks (new age Romeos) I am using for an out the door shoe and it feels great also, light and easy to get on. I like the looks of the lace up models also and may try a pair next spring.

Come to think of it this platform would make an awesome biking shoe with a stiff sole and click in compatability. hmmmmmmmm

·
Harmonius Wrench
8,254 Posts
Reminds me of Northeners

I like the looks of those and the price sure seems right. I remember wearing a similar boot when I was a kid called Northeners. They were of rubber construction and came in "cow poop green". They were really great boots and these seem like a modern update of that idea. Thanks for posting that, I may have to get some of those for my wintertime commuting.

·
Basura Blanca
1,790 Posts
Gemplers is the greatest! Cheap workwear, safety gear, and they still sell the old-fashioned sizzle patches.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts