Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there!!!,I´m going to Toronto on holidays next september, can you tell me your favourite shops and their addresses there??? Thaanx

·
T.Dot Represent
1,290 Posts
alright theres one that i go to for everything... its called cycle solutions on parliament and carlton. they stock a lot of stuff and they have a really good service department and offer great support

for the most stock go to Dukes they also carry the most forks i think.... its on queen street somewhere but dont expect good service the guys in there arent the nicest.

places to avoid would be cyclepath on young near eglington not had the best of service there.. one of the guys went so far as to start making fun of me and my buddys bikes so we dont go there...

if u want low end stuff canadian tire at sheppard and leslies got a great staffr and decent stock... i would know cuz i work there!

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
my favorite is the one with the...

yeh the one with the thing...

the ahhh...

yeh the thing....

with the...

thing...

yeh...that one...go there its great....i allways go to that one...:D

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Finchy,

That's weird that you had such a bad experience at Cyclepath at Yonge/Davisville. They've been super cool with me and always like to chat when business is slow. They have a cool mechanic who's really knowledgeable about FR/DH. They weren't making fun of your Atomik, were they? That would be weird since they sell them. Oh well.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My shop is Cyclepath Bloor

They are no longer a franchise and are all individually owned. Pete who owns this shop is great, as are his mechanics. As far as DH/FR they stock armour, clothing, parts, helmets, Kona and Intense, some jump frames and high and low end Giant. They are at 1204 Bloor West. If you are in the east end, Cycle Solutions as Finchy said is really good too. They would be my LBS if I lived in the east ("wes-side..."). They carry more DH/FR stuff than Cyclepath, like Balfa, Twenty Four, Yeti, Norco, plus tons 'o forks. Not sure about service, though. Be sure to check out Ravenshoe, Blue Mountain, The Don, and Hardwood Hills for all your XC and FR singletrack needs.
P.S. Don't go to Dukes Cycle.

·
T.Dot Represent
1,290 Posts
its the service that makes me keep on coming back... its simply fantastic!

they bled my front discbrake over night for 15 dollars it hink it was?

its a great shop and great atmosphere!

they where disin my bike i think cuz it has a huge cycle solutions sticker on the left chainstay and my buddy bought his IH from a sportchek... too bad for them cuz antoher guy who we where with went next door to cycleswap and dropped $650 20 minutes later!

·
www.sirbikealotracing.com
201 Posts
mc brides on dundas west is another great store with good service if your in that end of town

there is also sporting life on yonge and sport swap on yonge, they are both good shops

i guess it depends what you're lookin for but if its DH oriented cycle solutions will have all the gear you're lookin for

·
Registered
11 Posts
Abc

If you're going to be anywhere near Montreal you should drop in to ABC cycle.I used to go there often when I lived there. Parts and bikes are much cheaper. Apparently - cheapest in Canada. I live in TO now and after searching for a good LBS I still find that the parts and knowledge don't measure up to ABC.
They really do know there stuff especially for DH/FR. A lot of the staff go regularly to Bromont and other larger hills in Vermont and New York.
Don't forget, Toronto has no mountains (and no, Blue Mountain does not qualify - it is nothing more than a slope)
I agree with other posts regarding Dukes. Great stuff, good location for me, but the sales people suck.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Dropmachine.com is Toronto based, and you will get a bigger range of answers there, including feedback on the stores mentioned already.

/spam. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts