Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason every time I download a saved set of tracks from my eTrex Summit into TOPO it "doubles" them up.

So If I did 13 miles and 2500' of total ascent it downloads that same route twice at 26 miles and 5k' total ascent.

Any ideas??? Apparently I am missing some settings or I have the wrong preferences checked (basically I'm being a spaz)

thanks!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm not familiar with the eTrex, but my gpsmap60 will download the "active" tract in addition to any saved tract. Could this have anything to do with your doubling up?

·
Premium Member
8,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RJend said:
I'm not familiar with the eTrex, but my gpsmap60 will download the "active" tract in addition to any saved tract. Could this have anything to do with your doubling up?
SUPER!! Ya nailed it! It downloads both the Active and saved tracks - easy fix.

Thanks a MIllion!

·
Shread Ready
1,304 Posts
Marked for later since I'm using a Summit GPS I borrowed. BTW, I didn't think the Garmin TOPO software was compatible with the Summit Unit? This page doesn't list the summit as being compatible.

http://www.garmin.com/cartography/mapSource/topo.jsp

It does say at the bottom of this page the Trip and waypoint management functions** are compatible with most all Garmin GPS units. Will this function allow me to upload the GPS data onto a Topographic map for printouts etc?? Thanks, I know this is an old thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.