Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the concept of a high volume pump with a low pressure gauge so you can get a more accurate reading in your tires but the Topeak pump is a piece of ****. The lever to lock the head onto the presta valve broke my first time putting trying to use it.

I have a Joeblow Pro that feels MUCH higher quality, but the volume just isn't high enough to inflate tubeless mountain tires.

·
Rabid Lana Fan
9,295 Posts
Opps. Just realized you are probably talking about floor pumps.

These are all pack-carry-sized pumps in the article.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I guess I lucked out with my topeak Mtn Morph. The day I bought that pump, I flatted out and it worked VERY well. It's been about 2 seasons and I have used it on a few occasions but mainly to help others with flats. Lezyne makes a good product, maybe you'll have better luck with them?

·
Flappity flappity flap
2,590 Posts
Just so you know, Joe Blow is part of the Topeak brand...

I have a Joe Blow mountain, the chuck sucks but it puts 6-9 PSI in high volume tires with each pump, and a Morph for riding that sucks at least a little less than the rest I've tried...

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Lezyne portable pumps are freaking damn good....

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Floor pumps are what I'm looking for. Preferably with a narrow 0-70psi range rather than a road bike pump that goes higher

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Elitest thrill junkie
35,358 Posts
Hmm, I've had mine for about 6 years. Before that I had one again for about 6 years (fell on it and bent it, also screwed up my back).

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
38,037 Posts
Well aware of what I've posted buddy.

This one actually BROKE the FIRST time I went to air up a tire. Quality is questionable at best.
Alright "buddy" I'm glad you're familiar with what you continually find necessary to start threads on.
Keep on slamming Topeak their reviews speak volumes.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Had the opportunity to use a few different pumps - both floor and portable - and I ended up owning three Lezyne pumps. They are pretty basic, but what I like best is the metal-to-metal connection to the valve. I've been using them for five years without an issue.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts