Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends

brand new to the website and mountain biking in general.

I just received my Motobecane Elite Adventure from BD and have had a fairly easy time getting everything set up. The only issue I'm still a little fuzzy on is getting the brakes and brake levers properly adjusted.

Here's my question, from what I can gather there are essentially three major adjustments I need to make on the brakes 1) centering the rotor on the caliper 2) adjusting the brake line tension 3) ensuring the pads have the correct amount of clearance. I've read forums on all the above, but I haven't really seen anything that says in which order to do them all?

My second question evolves around the whole brake line tension conundrum. Do i start with the two barrel adjusters (one at the handle and one by the caliper) and then take out the remaining slack with the anchor. Or do I tighten the anchor first then adjust the barrel screws?

I know this is basic info and probably uninteresting to anyone with experience but I'd really appreciate the help

Thanks again

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Hello Friends

brand new to the website and mountain biking in general.

I just received my Motobecane Elite Adventure from BD and have had a fairly easy time getting everything set up. The only issue I'm still a little fuzzy on is getting the brakes and brake levers properly adjusted.

Here's my question, from what I can gather there are essentially three major adjustments I need to make on the brakes 1) centering the rotor on the caliper 2) adjusting the brake line tension 3) ensuring the pads have the correct amount of clearance. I've read forums on all the above, but I haven't really seen anything that says in which order to do them all?

My second question evolves around the whole brake line tension conundrum. Do i start with the two barrel adjusters (one at the handle and one by the caliper) and then take out the remaining slack with the anchor. Or do I tighten the anchor first then adjust the barrel screws?

I know this is basic info and probably uninteresting to anyone with experience but I'd really appreciate the help

Thanks again
Would help to know what brakes are on the bike.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts