Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Top swing / bottom swing, high clamp / low clamp?

4418 Views 4 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  RIS
I need a 34.9 high clamp, bottom pull front derailleur, and I'm not clear on the terminology.

Please explain the differences so that I know what I'm shopping for. Thanks.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
High clamp is the same as bottom swing, because the mech swings below the clamp
Low clamp is top swing.
Neither of these are to be confused with top pull/ bottom pull.

So you want a high clamp or bottom swing that is bottom pull, or dual pull.
Alot of derailluers are dual pull these days.

Something like this.....

Yeah, I knew the difference between that and the direction of the cable pull.
I dug up this old post comparing the two types (with pics) and some personal observations as to my preference, if you're interested.
Thanks. You guys rock.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.