Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have recently posted with continuing problems I've had with my Hayes Stroker Trails. Although some here suggested I contact Hayes, I didn't give it much thought because I really didn't expect much help.

I *just* got them where I thought they were performing pretty well, except my pads kept dropping. Anyway, my problems came to a head when I noticed that all the pad retaining posts were bent and the heads of the posts were peened quite badly causing the pad drops. That was pretty much the breaking (no pun intended) point for me as it actually came down to physical damage that could not be bled, tuned or aligned away...if you know what I mean.

I finally just stopped being stubborn enough to write to Hayes CS not expecting to hear much, and I had my mind made up to just order a rebuild kit from Universal Cycles, fix the brakes and just sell them off.

To my surprise, I received an e-mail response from John Trusky from Hayes CS today. No questions, no accusations just an offer to send me four new pistons, two pairs of pads and a lube kit for the MC pistons. Pretty unbelievable if you ask me and pretty convincing evidence that Hayes is committed to outstanding customer service.

So, in good faith, I'm going to rebuild the brakes and give them another go on a SS project I've been thinking about building instead of selling them off. I'm willing to admit that being an early adopter of these brakes I should have expected a fair amount of growing pains and hopefully this time will be the charm...I'm ready to love these brakes as I had intended form the beggining.

Bottom-line, these guys stood by their product and stepped up to keep a customer happy...hard to say for a lot of companies these days! THANKS JOHN!

Dustin

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'll also chime in by saying that Hayes CS was very helpful in fixing the sticky lever problem I had with my Stroker Trails. They take very good care of their customers, and I won't hesitate to buy their products in the future!

·
Dirt Deviant
3,694 Posts
Hayes has some of the best CS I have ever delt with. And as a side note, I love my Strokers!!!!!!! Once I got the sticky pistons fixed up, they perform perfect for me. The fix was really easy too. Hayes Rox!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thats great news gang. I'm a new Hayes user as well and it's good to hear that if I encounter any issues in the future, I can count on Hayes to be there for me. Thanks for the 411.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.