Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to run a double up front with a road derailleur? Have a top pull frame?

I've been looking at the Speen adapters, and came across this guy that Travis Brown used on his Leadville bike. It's $20 and can be ordered by any Trek/Fisher dealer. Part number 296552. I'm getting one, and will be giving a report soon, hopefully. They do say it's only for Dura Ace ders, but don't specify 7800 or 7900. It looks to me like it'll only work with 7800, as the 7900 der has a smaller pivot pin on the derailleur.

Easier than ordering from Speen and about $10 cheaper. We'll see how it works. It looks heavier, but a little more stout with the pin that goes in the hollow pivot pin on the der.

·
Registered
256 Posts
eric1115 said:
Want to run a double up front with a road derailleur? Have a top pull frame?

I've been looking at the Speen adapters, and came across this guy that Travis Brown used on his Leadville bike. It's $20 and can be ordered by any Trek/Fisher dealer. Part number 296552. I'm getting one, and will be giving a report soon, hopefully. They do say it's only for Dura Ace ders, but don't specify 7800 or 7900. It looks to me like it'll only work with 7800, as the 7900 der has a smaller pivot pin on the derailleur.

Easier than ordering from Speen and about $10 cheaper. We'll see how it works. It looks heavier, but a little more stout with the pin that goes in the hollow pivot pin on the der.

do you have a pic of this installed?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
For a down and dirty solution that works for free, lead the wire down under the left chainstay and back to the FD. You can use a small piece of plastic tubing or re-form a brake noodle to protect the chainstay, though if you don't it'll take about 1,000 years to saw through.

·
Registered
342 Posts
There is a thread about the speen adapter in the weight weenies forum, I cross posted this thread in there.....hope you don't mind....:confused:

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
FBinNY said:
For a down and dirty solution that works for free, lead the wire down under the left chainstay and back to the FD. You can use a small piece of plastic tubing or re-form a brake noodle to protect the chainstay, though if you don't it'll take about 1,000 years to saw through.
I bet some of these guys want to keep their frame longer than that:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.