Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MidnightBroomstickCowboy
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any riders regular to Whistler have an idea when the park will open Top of the World trail?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Mid July likely. Nailing down an exact date can be tough.

If you're planning a trip and it's on the list, make sure you're flexible with the days you're in town, sometimes it's closed from weather

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
THere are much much better trails to ride in the area... did it last year and the only way I’d go up there again is to hit some of the stuff off of it (RDRS is good, kush, etc), totw itself is nothing special and turns into a Jeep road. It would be fun to race on though...

·
Registered
259 Posts
THere are much much better trails to ride in the area...
Generally yes. But taking the lift to totw for out of towners (especially those who don't live in mountainous areas) is pretty amazing, not just for the riding. Especially for those who don't want to blow their budget on a heli day or can't shuttle.

Agreed the other trails off it are better - but make sure you're a competent rider. I've taken 'decent easterners' up there only to have them getting frustrated on RDS and it turning into a hike down for them.

I'd recommend totw - khyber pass - middle of nowhere - kashmir - kush - earth circus as long as you're comfortable on trails like dark crystal, hey bud, etc.

·
MidnightBroomstickCowboy
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I could understand preference to other trails up there but yes I thought it would make a great scenic intro to a riding day.

However, there's been a lot of rain on the mountain over the last 24 hours so would Kyber, MON, Kashmir even be safe to ride after all the rain?
Generally yes. But taking the lift to totw for out of towners (especially those who don't live in mountainous areas) is pretty amazing, not just for the riding. Especially for those who don't want to blow their budget on a heli day or can't shuttle.

Agreed the other trails off it are better - but make sure you're a competent rider. I've taken 'decent easterners' up there only to have them getting frustrated on RDS and it turning into a hike down for them.

I'd recommend totw - khyber pass - middle of nowhere - kashmir - kush - earth circus as long as you're comfortable on trails like dark crystal, hey bud, etc.
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts
I could understand preference to other trails up there but yes I thought it would make a great scenic intro to a riding day.

However, there's been a lot of rain on the mountain over the last 24 hours so would Kyber, MON, Kashmir even be safe to ride after all the rain?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Lots of roots (including off camber/in corners/up and down) on those trails and it's a looong descent so make sure you are comfortable with that before committing. Your tires will be sliding a lot on the roots. Alternatively just ride TOTW down into the bike park and check out the new MissFire trail, beautiful single black hand cut tech that links into Delayed Fuse and BC's Trail. Less roots/less physical than Khyber/Kashmir etc. Note that MissFire is being closed down when super wet to preserve it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.