Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else are top of the line Full Suspension manufacturers?
I know Knolly is considered one, along with Banshee.
Does Knolly have any companies that match their performance or quality?
What about Orange or Kona?
I'm honestly just wondering. I can't find information on this subject anywhere, ananies?y suggestions as to where to look, or anyone have any answers? I know this is an open ended question, because of everyone's various opinions.
Thanks

·
Mountain Man Dan
2,181 Posts
Specialized allllllllllll the way.

·
T.W.O.
8,168 Posts
What is your question, top producer, top design, most expensive, ect?
Ellsworth and Scott offer at least one bike that's over 10k.
Ibis, Foes, Turner, Pivot, Santa Cruz, Intense and many others are among the companies that match or exceed the performance of Orange, Kona, Banshee, and Knolly that you mentioned. Back to my question I guess.

·
R.I.P. DogFriend
6,887 Posts
Kind of like saying "what is the best automobile/"

Lots of companies make super nice bikes.

The real answer is "it depends". . . . . . . . on you.

It depends on what you are going to do with it, how and where you ride.

Some might say (for example) that a Lambhorgini is the top of the line automobile in the whole world, but it's as useless as silicone breasts on a boar hog if you need to tow a boat with it.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Agree with everybody that says "many" and "depends". There is big brands and boutique brands. Based on my own experience or that of close friends I consider as top of the line:

Giant, Ibis, Intense, Jedi, Knolly, Maverick, Niner, Santa Cruz, Specialized, Trek, Yeti.

Doesn't mean anything about the other brands. Due to limited budget we simply haven't had the chance to test them all.

·
T.W.O.
8,168 Posts
jeffj said:

Some might say (for example) that a Lambhorgini is the top of the line automobile in the whole world, but it's as useless as silicone breasts on a boar hog if you need to tow a boat with it.
So true, it's kind of hard to get in to this discussion without sounding like an elitist. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
bikes with dw link
bikes with abp
specialized
scott

although i like santa cruz bikes, i recently rode a vpp bike for an extended period and was far less impressed than i am with my dw link bike.

·
Registered
448 Posts
jeffj said:

+100 best answer yet. Everyone else just answered with their favorite brand

·
Registered
555 Posts
Pretty much all the mainstream bikes in a given price range are equal. So brand doesn't really matter here. You need to try a few based on the type of riding you like and pick the one that feels best.

FWIW, I've only tried 10 different brands and my favorites are GT, Santa Cruz, Giant and Jamis, in that order. I've also ridden Cannondale, Mongoose, Trek, Rocky Mountain, Kona and Specialized. With Kona being my least favorite.

Now, if push came to shove, I'd be happy with any of the brands that I've listed. And there's no doubt that I'd be happy with any other main stream bike that's not on my list.

Hope this narrows down your choices. LOL!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts