Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
A Real Winner.
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of either of these frames? Or used one of these frames? I am looking to build an entry level bike with a lot of extra parts I have lying around so I can have an extra bike. I have found aluminum frames online from these two manufactures pretty cheap (ie under $200 shipped!) I am comparing it to a Trek 6700 frame, because one of my friends has a 6700 frame he is unloading, but I think it is a little too big for me. Anyhow, seeing as it is just going to be an extra bike with extra parts on it, I might just get it anyhow. But back to the main question. . .Has anyone ever heard of Leader Bikes or Top Image Frames?

Thanks.

-Dan

·
President, CEO of Earth
1,001 Posts
Leader???

The only Leader I know about used to sell exclusively cheapo bikes in Canada - sub $200 stuff - really crappy. If its one of these then anything near $200 for a frame is a total ripoff. I wouldn't pay more than $30. They did make some aluminum bikes, too, but they were probably in teh $500 range, so $200 for even one of these mediocre frames is a lot - especially if its used.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have heard of Leader before. I believe an employee of them is a member at roadbikereview.com.

I have never seen Top Image anywhere else other than eBay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts