Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How well does the rear suspension work when braking? I notice that the Trek rear end has no pivots what-so-ever on the rear triangle. Some have a pivot on the seat-stay and some have a pivot on the chain-stay (Horst-link).

How is the rear suspension in terms of not bobbing or mushing when pedaling?

How is the handling/steering in the tight single-track. The Trek specs state a 70 degree head angle, but looking at the bike, and riding it, I find the head angle looks slacker than 70 degrees.

thanks in advance for any comments,

:)

·
Registered
639 Posts
I really like my top fuel. I run my rear shock pretty stiff. You can run the propedal even stiffer if you want. As far as comparing to other bikes: I have had a blur xc and an Anthem in the past year or so and I like the Trek as much or more. It climbs really well and does not seem to have " inappropriate" bob, meaning any bob I seem to get seems to match the requirements for the terrain, which makes it more efficient/smooth with flow. I have a 9.9ssl carbon hardtail Trek that I raced in the early season and after going to my top fuel and racing I am selling the hard tail. I feel faster overall on the fully suspended:thumbsup:
wanna buy a hard tail?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.