Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
not sure if this applies, but I took a 2 day camping trip just south and east of Mormon lake this past week ... I logged 25 miles along FR124, FR127, FR124D, FR82.... The areas of Dove Spring, Cow Hill, and Kinninkinick lake....

Wow, what a great place for wildlife.... I saw elk, coyote, mule deer, antelope, and turkey... if you like seeing wildlife while you ride, this is a great place to ride... do it early in the morning and during the week and you will avoid any quads...

bring you binoculars and be prepared to watch elk bugling and turkeys gobbiling..

·
pedaller
2,400 Posts
This riding looks absolutely gorgeous! Were any of these taken anywhere near Phoenix?
7 and 1 would be the closest - especially from the East Valley. Both should be on every Phoenician's to do list.

Most of the other awesome Phoenix stuff is well known.

:thumbsup:

·
Lord Thigh Master
14 Posts
Wish I had more time to ride down in AZ!

·
1,437 Posts
I might need to update this for some more places you need to ride....How has everyone been doing these rides? :thumbsup:
Cripes, Nancy and I have only picked up 5 of the 10 since I saw this. We need to get down to Tucson more - haven't even ridden on Lemmon. :eek:

But, yeah, bring it on. This list inspired me to see places I had not heard of that turned out to be awesome (like Picket Post). I can think of a couple of worthy additions/modifications to this list.

Thanks for the inspiration!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for posting this list! I'm really new at this and have been having the hardest time finding trails I can do that aren't incredibly far from where I live.

·
What gear are you running
1,613 Posts
Mod's this really should be a sticky!

I have yet to do any of these rides, however reading it has inspired me to making this a priority!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just moved to AZ and those look great! Just have to get out and ride.

·
pedaller
2,400 Posts
Ripsey goodness did not disappoint! "Word" is that this ridge line section of the AZT is on the chopping block in favor of mining interests and that is a shame. Get out there and ride it while you still can...

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is great! Thanks for posting. I'm going to tuck this list away and try to tackle some of those myself one of those days. Great photos too. AZ is incredible.

61 - 80 of 98 Posts