Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

After 6 plus years, multiple moves, and general tool abuse, one of the bearing retainers on my toolbox finally gave up the ghost and exploded.

The damage to the carrier is apparent, much more than I actually expected, but I haven't ever looked at them either. The rail is riveted onto the toolbox.

Anybody ever "modded" such? I'm pretty sure that as long as I find one with similar lengths, that I can break the rivet from both the box & the drawer, drill some holes, bolt the new ones on and be good to go, but wanted to see if others have run into this?

It'll be tough to match the brand, or maybe I just have to dig more. But these came from a Specialized Concept store that was donated to the non-profit I worked at, and as such have Specialized branding all over it.

Cheers,
Jason/Redlands

Attachments

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Looks like a pretty basic drawer slide. I bought mine from Amazon. Match the length as close as possible, then it's simply a matter of lining everything up (slides have adjustable slots). Stuff that is made for a specific thing tends to be threaded, whereas slides that are not tend to just have slots, so you might need to use button-head screws, and nuts on the INSIDE of the drawer and the opposite side of the exposed wall, depending on it's design. Once you have it in hand, how to install it becomes obvious.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.