Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Hard as nails
1,008 Posts
Thanks for the Pics

I live in Orlando. Have not been down to Markham since last hurricane season (after which it was closed for a bit). It certainly looks in good shape now, and I do not remember the first pic. Is that the Crime Scene drop? Is the trail the same length or shorter/longer after the trail crew did their thing? I have been hemmin and hawing after driving down after I heard it reopened. I think I may have to pay a visit!:D

·
Registered
887 Posts
I live in Orlando as well and I try to get down there at least once a year to do some riding. I think we are going to do a day trip to Oleta and Markham around November/Thanksgiving if you are interested in going.

·
yeah, uh............bikes
2,712 Posts
Markham has been in great shape since it's re-opening. It was sandy for a bit, but I'm sure it's nice and packed after all this rain we've been getting.

btw, none of those are crime scene, that one pic is just a section of trail before an awesome jump...sooo smooth.

·
Laughable Man...haaaa
74 Posts
Nice!!

Funny, by the time I get to the end of the trail I am so [email protected]@ out tired that I cant even remember which one we just did. There are names? (j/k). Really a good ride all around. Gotta get some more pics.

Dan

·
Weapon of Choice
801 Posts
Oh yeah Markham is the place to ride in southeast Florida, alot of fun indeed. I usually hit it every Sunday. Last Sunday the trails were perfect, around 8 miles of it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dirtman said:
I live in Orlando. Have not been down to Markham since last hurricane season (after which it was closed for a bit). It certainly looks in good shape now, and I do not remember the first pic. Is that the Crime Scene drop? Is the trail the same length or shorter/longer after the trail crew did their thing? I have been hemmin and hawing after driving down after I heard it reopened. I think I may have to pay a visit!:D
overall the trails have problably stayed the same length. some old trails are closed but some new ones have opened up. also, some nice sections have been added to the old trails. you should come down, markham park is fun to ride. i usually ride it twice a week and never get bored of it.

what is the best park to ride in Orlando? i have a cousin up there and have been wanting to go up there to visit him and ride.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BillT said:
I live in Orlando as well and I try to get down there at least once a year to do some riding. I think we are going to do a day trip to Oleta and Markham around November/Thanksgiving if you are interested in going.
yeah for sure. just pm me before you come down and i can meet you guys at the park. i am not a big fan of Oleta but its good to ride for a change of pace.

·
Registered
887 Posts
papsmagu said:
what is the best park to ride in Orlando? i have a cousin up there and have been wanting to go up there to visit him and ride.
There really isn't a best place to ride in Orlando as the local rides are marginal at best. However, we do have 5 great choices within a 1 - 1.5 hour drive - Carter Road, TOE, Alafia, Santos, and Razorback. I used to live down in S. Florida (in Davie between Oleta and Markham) and really liked having hte parks close, but the choices were limited. In Orlando, we don't have anything super close, but plenty of choices with a little drive time.

·
Where is my mind?
1,130 Posts
Wow, I'm going to assume that that drop is way steeper than it looks in the pics. How far down do they go. They look awesome.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Fall line trails usually last about 2-8 years depending on use and rain.

That's pretty much what those pics show.

The elevated wooden structures should hold up a while - nice touch.

Anyway to do that same thing with rock? That woud last a lot longer.

·
Weapon of Choice
801 Posts
Cyclopod said:
Wow, I'm going to assume that that drop is way steeper than it looks in the pics. How far down do they go. They look awesome.
Yeah its definetly steeper then it looks in the pic and theres a few others a bit more intimidating than those; just stay behind the saddle and control the flow:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think the top picks are the following trails:
supercross
outback
?
washing machine

but not sure, most of the picks are from the other side. I hit markham about 2-4 times a week and it's been great with the rains lately. I know the riders had a blast today when we got a downpour. If you guys love the trails I would give the credit to the trail maintence crews once a month. I missed the last one but the one in May they where working on opening up a new "old" trail (trail hasnt been open for a few years). Also they added fixed a huge section in the "Gunrange" trail with concrete and logs. This month's TM they added some ramps for some logs. Check out clubmud.com, the forums have been down for a while but I'll post the next TM when I get word from Dave.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.