Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i've been out of mountain biking for about 3 years. I took a break, had a few kid and just a few months ago decided to get back into it. I ended up buying a 2014 Trek Fuel EX 5. I decided to go full suspension because i feel like i'm to old to take the beating from a hardtail lol. I live in Missouri and the weather has been fairly crappy here so I took my bike with me on vacation to Georgia. Georgia is my home state so i figure i could get a little riding in while i was there seeing family. The weather there was much nicer. I took the bike out to blankets creek in Kennesaw, Georgia. I was very impressed with the trails out there. They are maintained very well and the entire staging area is set up really nice. I rode pretty much every trail out there except for the downhill trail, it was closed because it was still a little to wet. I have to say i was very impressed with how my bike handled. It was my first time riding full suspension on a trail and once i got the suspension dialed it it felt like i was floating. I would recommend the EX 5 to anyone wanting a decently priced full suspension. I can't wait until the weather here in Missouri clears up so i can get back out on it. I just thought i'd share my experience with you guys and give a shout out to a great trail system down at blankets creek. If you ever find yourself in Kennesaw Georgia it's worth a ride.

·
Rogue Exterminator
4,951 Posts
How old is to old for a hardtail?

Just making sure I am not breaking any rules. ;)

Anyways, welcome back to the dark side.

·
R.I.P. DogFriend
6,887 Posts
So i've been out of mountain biking for about 3 years. I took a break, had a few kid and just a few months ago decided to get back into it. I ended up buying a 2014 Trek Fuel EX 5. I decided to go full suspension because i feel like i'm too old to take the beating from a hardtail lol.
Come on now, Killer, we're not your wife ;~)

Just say it. "I don't actually need full suspension. I just wanted it."

The truth will set you free!

:~D Enjoy your new bike!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts