Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Zippy, the wonder bike
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back yesterday from the 24 Hours of Adrenaline in Canmore, Alberta. I did it solo with my Gary Fisher X-Caliber. It was definatly the right choice of the course. It plow throught the ruts, roots and rock gardens very nicely and handled the few downhill sections very well. I didn't have one mechanical the whole time, not even a flat. The bike is also very good on the climbs as I would have suffered a whole lot more on my 26" hardtail. I'm a little disappointed in my performance, by 12:00 midnight I had only 5 laps in and I was beginning to have breathing problems and a elevated resting heart rate. The medics told me to go to sleep for a while, so I passed out for about 4 hours in my tent. By the time I got out on the course again it was daylight. I was still feeling sick and having asthma problems, I almost didn't make it through my 6th lap and then after that I decided to call in quits before I killed my self. I think the extremely hot weather played a large part in my suffering, next time I will go on a team. However my bike never let me down and saved my sorry ass more then once out there. Props to the guys at 24Sports for putting on a awesome celebration of mountain biking and also props to my fellow riders, some of them were amazing athletes.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts