Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
Joined
·
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just counted 5 new Motolite frames and one demo sitting in my shop. What happened to all that demand?
Two large, a medium, and 3 smalls.
Any thoughts? Does everybody who ever wanted one get one already?
Bob
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
Weird... there's few to none bikes better for that price. Either people want to pay more or can't afford to pay as much (but I doubt the latter).

Also, there's too much misinformation and gossip around (if the bike is made in Taiwan :rolleyes:, the already solved paint issue, the already solved rear tyre clearance issue, etc).

I'm sure you'll clear them soon, Bob!

(I'd help you to lighten your burden, but the Blade just doesn't shows any signs of aging)
 

·
Bike to the Bone...
Joined
·
8,290 Posts
Bikerbob.com said:
I just counted 5 new Motolite frames and one demo sitting in my shop. What happened to all that demand?
Two large, a medium, and 3 smalls.
Any thoughts? Does everybody who ever wanted one get one already?
Bob
If you don't want them, just send them my way, I'll bet they make great rental bikes at Ajusco..... j/k

Anyway, how's the demand right now for bikes in the same segment?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,683 Posts
Bob, all those US of A folk have purchased there bikes for the summer, no more till the snow comes ready for the next summer, YES?

I am talking them up on this side of the ditch...................
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,186 Posts
how do they solved the paint issue?

My ML chips from the first day, very nasty, never been in such a situation with 100$ frames... I have photos taken and it's wraped in tubes right know to protect her, although she weights like 1 pound more jajaja
Should I send the pictures to where I get the bike (online) to see if they can get in touch with Titus and repaint the the bike????
Could this be the solution now that I'm movieng from Venezuela to Florida (easyer to send frame, etc)


Warp said:
Weird... there's few to none bikes better for that price. Either people want to pay more or can't afford to pay as much (but I doubt the latter).

Also, there's too much misinformation and gossip around (if the bike is made in Taiwan :rolleyes:, the already solved paint issue, the already solved rear tyre clearance issue, etc).

I'm sure you'll clear them soon, Bob!

(I'd help you to lighten your burden, but the Blade just doesn't shows any signs of aging)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,683 Posts
BBW said:
My ML chips from the first day, very nasty, never been in such a situation with 100$ frames... I have photos taken and it's wraped in tubes right know to protect her, although she weights like 1 pound more jajaja
Should I send the pictures to where I get the bike (online) to see if they can get in touch with Titus and repaint the the bike????
Could this be the solution now that I'm movieng from Venezuela to Florida (easyer to send frame, etc)
BBW, from what I have read on the threads, am 100% Titus would re paint or sort the frame for you. As you say, it will more than likely be far easier when you move to Florida.

Would have with you though all the invoices from the online company you purchased from etc.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.......................:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
437 Posts
Bikerbob.com said:
I just counted 5 new Motolite frames and one demo sitting in my shop. What happened to all that demand?
Two large, a medium, and 3 smalls.
Any thoughts? Does everybody who ever wanted one get one already?
Bob
Hmmm, at the same time Titus is not interested in delivering bikes to smaller European importers...
I might be interested even if I have already sworn that I will test ride my next bikes... ;) not that ordering bikes untested from other side of world would be news to me. :D
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
BBW said:
My ML chips from the first day, very nasty, never been in such a situation with 100$ frames... I have photos taken and it's wraped in tubes right know to protect her, although she weights like 1 pound more jajaja
Should I send the pictures to where I get the bike (online) to see if they can get in touch with Titus and repaint the the bike????
Could this be the solution now that I'm movieng from Venezuela to Florida (easyer to send frame, etc)

As far as I know, the chipping was a problem related to curing that happened to a batch. It should be resolved by now.

But yeah, anyone with a paint chip problem should document it and go back to the Titus dealer who sold the bike (doesn't matter if online or LBS, online shops are Titus dealers also and should stand by it) and make them to send your claim to Titus.

In your very specific case, if they don't offer to cover for shipping (they should), I'd contact Titus and get something that would work for you. Maybe getting a local powdercoating shop to quote the job (you have cars, stoves, refrigerators, etc. there should be powdercoating or automotive quality shops - hell, even we do :D) and Titus to pay for it should be cost effective for both companies.

Or as someone mentioned on other thread... swallow the pill and get your frame repainted with the color scheme of your dreams on your own. But that would be your decision.

Thing is, let your dealer know. Make them to make you happy. If that doesn't work, let Titus know... they care a lot about their bikes and the people selling their bikes. They don't like to let customers down.
 

·
Hueston Woods Trail Crew
Joined
·
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Norway likes Titus

I have a lot of customers in Norway. Used to live there way back when. Most excellent trails everywhere. Hiking/skiing is the national pasttime, rather than watching baseball.
Jeg har solgt tre eller fire Titus i Norge i det siste aar. Svalbard inkludert.
Ha det bra,
Bob
 

·
"El Whatever"
Joined
·
18,889 Posts
Bikerbob.com said:
I have a lot of customers in Norway. Used to live there way back when. Most excellent trails everywhere. Hiking/skiing is the national pasttime, rather than watching baseball.
Jeg har solgt tre eller fire Titus i Norge i det siste aar. Svalbard inkludert.
Ha det bra,
Bob
So, that would make Norway, Mexico, Central America, Spain... man, you're a really international distributor! :thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I wish there was a surplus here in Canada, I've been waiting for a blue medium motolite since May...the delivery date keeps getting pushed...Im not sure who to blame, the canadian retailer or titus...sigh
 

·
Ti is addictive
Joined
·
2,894 Posts
who's canadian retailer, can only think of 2 places in Canada you can purchase Titus from.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
648 Posts
Bikerbob.com said:
I just counted 5 new Motolite frames and one demo sitting in my shop. What happened to all that demand?
Two large, a medium, and 3 smalls.
Any thoughts? Does everybody who ever wanted one get one already?
Bob
My friends can't wait, so Bob you got PM. That should help you unload them ;) Thanks for the pics of the frames and 07 Talas RLC.
 

·
Paper or plastic?
Joined
·
10,208 Posts
sungchang said:
My friends can't wait, so Bob you got PM. That should help you unload them ;) Thanks for the pics of the frames and 07 Talas RLC.
What about you? When do you get your own ML? :) You know you want one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
819 Posts
Kharma said:
I wish there was a surplus here in Canada, I've been waiting for a blue medium motolite since May...the delivery date keeps getting pushed...Im not sure who to blame, the canadian retailer or titus...sigh
It's not the retailer. I bought my Racer 100X from one of the Canadian retailer (Chain Reaction) and all delays were Titus's or their supplier's. A retailer can't give you a bike that isn't hasn't even been made yet or shipped yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
648 Posts
3 new MLs will be born...

My friends and I were too excited about the prospect of getting new MLs. One to replace my RX. One to replace my friends SC Blur. New rider with one of the best bikes in the market to start with. Once decision was made that we are getting MLs, none of us wanted to wait. So we placed order with BikerBob who happened to have the exact bikes that we wanted in stock (1 medium blue ML, 1 small blue ML and 1 small grey ML). Photos of the frame and 07 Talas RLC courtesy of BikerBob.
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
Top