Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't choose....
I'm building a 1x10 setup Yelli and have a X9 (2x) crank. Removing spider and rings and going with direct-mount ring. I don't want to run any sort of chain guide; so far, i've considered:

MRP Bling ring - no narrow/wide teeth?

Absolute Black - any reviews? real world experience?

Wolftooth - pricey but so far best solution.

Any help/suggestions/experience would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

·
The White Jeff W
5,715 Posts
Im using a X9 crank/North Shore Billet 26t on my Kona 29er with an 11/36 10 speed cassette. I am running a chain guide so thats no help to you but I just wanted to comment that I do like the gearing. 26/36 gives me a reasonable climbing gear and 26/11 is all the high end I need for this bike.

FWIW I did ride it a couple times without the guide and didn't drop the chain, but I had it so I put it on for insurance.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Here's a pic to give you an idea how snug it is.

View attachment 879700
That's a lot more clearance than I have on my YS with a 32t Raceface N/W on a turbine crankset, and I've never had problems. . I went 32T Wolftooth + X9 on a SS Nimble9 build, I should be finishing up later this week. I wanted N/W in case I'm too weak for SS and have to put gears on it. And because my LBS had one in stock. Buying US made and local made it worth the extra bucks. Wolf tooth quality is also top notch, not to say MRP is not.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.