Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was already to pull the trigger on a GF Cobia, which was apparently the last one in stock from any LBS within a 100 miles of me! Nobody knows when the 2009 will start shipping. I got the same story for Spec. RH 29r as well.:madman:

Does anybody know when next years models will typically ship.

There was a GF XCal availible but it was $500 more than the Cobia.

·
The Martian
1,200 Posts
If you've already test ridden it and are set on that make and size why don't you ask your favorite LBS (that deals in Fishers or Treks) to order it for you?

There may still be one sitting in a warehouse.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I should give the order thing a try. I would do a 2009 if I knew what the price would be but nobody wanted to quote that number. Nobody suggested ordering or was really interested in ordering one for me.

·
I am SUCH a geek.
17 Posts
My local Trek shop said they would start getting '09 models in within a month or two. Their '08s were running pretty sparse. I was lucky to get the bike I wanted in my size.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well I tracked one of those suckers down about 2 hours north of me; must be the only Cobia 19" left in the State of Oregon!! The 20% bump in prices for an 09 was a strong motivator!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.