Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you guys but my friends have been not riding because of how hot it is, maybe it is their slowly healing injuries that kind of hold them back but if they wanted they could ride, or their enfatuation with smoking blunts, but whatever the case may be they are constantly saying, its too hot to ride, no thanks. Im starting to get on my last nerve and am forced to ride alone often. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy riding by myself and the freedom that comes with it, but I also have to hold back knowing that if I crash hard, im pretty much screwed. Plus there is no one to share the experience with. Anyways, how many of you guys have friends like this? And what do you do about it?
 

·
President Skroob
Joined
·
499 Posts
I take the risk and ride with a cell phone since I have only a couple of friends who actually ride. One has a child and only rides Sunday and a few Friday nights, another who just got married whose wife hates me. He now doesn't ride at all. You can be a loser like me and ride when there are a bunch of others out and pretend you have friends. :sad:

Seriously, 95% of my friends just don't understand why I ride so much. What really sucks is every Fall/Early Winter when Pueblo sign-ups start I can never muster more than 2-3 riders including myself.
 

·
******ed or Branded??
Joined
·
2,095 Posts
GueroAZ said:
I take the risk and ride with a cell phone since I have only a couple of friends who actually ride. One has a child and only rides Sunday and a few Friday nights, another who just got married whose wife hates me. He now doesn't ride at all. You can be a loser like me and ride when there are a bunch of others out and pretend you have friends. :sad:

Seriously, 95% of my friends just don't understand why I ride so much. What really sucks is every Fall/Early Winter when Pueblo sign-ups start I can never muster more than 2-3 riders including myself.

well when the Pueblo pops up again hit me up. if I am in decent shape i'll do it with ya! by the way hit me up when you ride and i'll do the same.
 

·
President Skroob
Joined
·
499 Posts
Assuming no rain, I took tomorrow off to pull a long loop down at Estrella behind PIR in the morning. One lap at race pace, one more if I haven't puked enough in the parking lot.

Friday night leaving from my house in the tukee and also assuming no rain, I am riding the road around Ahwatukee. August 26th, I am racing the Skull Valley RR (55 miles of nice climbing) so I am pulling more road work. Sunday, the neighbor and I have a regular mountain day on DC. If you are up for any of those let me know.

doodooboi - I think you usually ride National or some form with connectors. Last time I went up there I carried the pack of a guy who broke his collar bone. Kind of freaked me out a bit. Haven't been back in a while.
 

·
Ridin' Dirty
Joined
·
460 Posts
thats an excuse, especially lately, sure its been humid, but while you're moving along it is nice and cool.
If your friends go early then they could be back with their families, etc by 8am.
 

·
******ed or Branded??
Joined
·
2,095 Posts
GueroAZ said:
Assuming no rain, I took tomorrow off to pull a long loop down at Estrella behind PIR in the morning. One lap at race pace, one more if I haven't puked enough in the parking lot.

Friday night leaving from my house in the tukee and also assuming no rain, I am riding the road around Ahwatukee. August 26th, I am racing the Skull Valley RR (55 miles of nice climbing) so I am pulling more road work. Sunday, the neighbor and I have a regular mountain day on DC. If you are up for any of those let me know.

doodooboi - I think you usually ride National or some form with connectors. Last time I went up there I carried the pack of a guy who broke his collar bone. Kind of freaked me out a bit. Haven't been back in a while.

I dabble a little bit of everything here. a little dh, xc, am, fr..... So inregards to sunday I'll be hitting up DC that morning also. I got a bunch of my friends to head down with me. We will be there around 05:15 and possibly hitting the trail by 05:30. If you wanna join us feel free, just to let you know we are not gonna be going to fast it will be a fun scence riding, But long, we will try to go coast to coast and back, hopfully if now one punks out. Slow and steady is the pace. I'll pm you my number
 

·
President Skroob
Joined
·
499 Posts
Are you starting at Pima Canyon....that sounds perfect after a night at Pemberton Saturday. 5:30 sucks but I'll just buck up and get out the door in time. I haven't ridden the steps in what seems like months.

Forgot the Pemberton nighter...neighbor, myself, another guy I met racing mbaa and few of his buddies are heading over RTR at 5pm to ride once in the light using all the stuff in the middle and once around CW with the group at night. That is a for sure time and we will be there rain/shine and make a game time decision at the trail head.
 

·
******ed or Branded??
Joined
·
2,095 Posts
GueroAZ said:
Are you starting at Pima Canyon....that sounds perfect after a night at Pemberton Saturday. 5:30 sucks but I'll just buck up and get out the door in time. I haven't ridden the steps in what seems like months.

Forgot the Pemberton nighter...neighbor, myself, another guy I met racing mbaa and few of his buddies are heading over RTR at 5pm to ride once in the light using all the stuff in the middle and once around CW with the group at night. That is a for sure time and we will be there rain/shine and make a game time decision at the trail head.

We are starting at the ramada's off of the 48th st. What steps are you talking about:confused: just cause I'm curious and dumb...haha what is RTR? CW? only ridden the large pemberton loop twice. nothing in between.
 

·
AKA shitbird
Joined
·
2,342 Posts
PhuckinPhil, your friends are Phuckin pu$$ies. I HATE the heat but at the same time like the summer because the trails are clear of the hatefull hiker parade, especially on National. I am so busy with work and whatever else that I'm taking any chance to ride I can find no matter what the temp is. I will tell you though that as shiitty as it is to ride in the heat its 10 times shiittier to ride ALONE in the heat. They should be out there suffering too. The weather is no excuse.

Tell your so called "friends" to sack up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know I honestly don't mind the heat at all, it's kinda fun blowing the sweat off my nose every two seconds, in my mind it's a way to escape the heat because your movin and it feels good. I don't ride many trails so it's a little different, I mostly ride at a big pit near the 101 and it does suck pushing back up the hill, but its sooo worth it when your flying down for 5 seconds haha. They just need to sack up, like eabos said, and go ride, once your on your bike, its awesome...
 

·
AKA shitbird
Joined
·
2,342 Posts
pHUCKiN PHiL said:
I know I honestly don't mind the heat at all, it's kinda fun blowing the sweat off my nose every two seconds, in my mind it's a way to escape the heat because your movin and it feels good. I don't ride many trails so it's a little different, I mostly ride at a big pit near the 101 and it does suck pushing back up the hill, but its sooo worth it when your flying down for 5 seconds haha. They just need to sack up, like eabos said, and go ride, once your on your bike, its awesome...

I haven't made it to the Pima pit yet, know all about it though and want to check it out. If I can get my ride fixed soon (jacked up my bike at Sunrise on Sunday) we should hook up out there for a sess....
 

·
eat your porridge jordie
Joined
·
293 Posts
The only time I'm bothered by heat when riding is when I stop moving. Other than that, I am good to go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ya for sure, I go out there all the time, have been for the past year or so, its a real fun place to ride, jumps and drops everywhere. Im currently working on a line with two doubles, a hip, berm and a ladder crossing over a wash, anyways I will probably be out there tomorrow, but yeah tell me when you can make it and I'll try to get some buddies to come out.
 

·
Too many Sedonuts...
Joined
·
1,512 Posts
eabos said:
PhuckinPhil, your friends are Phuckin pu$$ies. I HATE the heat but at the same time like the summer because the trails are clear of the hatefull hiker parade, especially on National. I am so busy with work and whatever else that I'm taking any chance to ride I can find no matter what the temp is. I will tell you though that as shiitty as it is to ride in the heat its 10 times shiittier to ride ALONE in the heat. They should be out there suffering too. The weather is no excuse.

Tell your so called "friends" to sack up.
Phuckin priceless. :thumbsup: :yesnod:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
447 Posts
I long for the days of 110+ with 5% humidy where my post ride cloths are just white and dry instead of now where they are just soaking wet.

I can not wait for the humidy to drop but I will miss the storms
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,745 Posts
You brought up something that I think about a lot.
I'd be DJ'ing a bunch more, except I'm concerned about going out alone.
But its getting to the point where I'm just going to do it anyways.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
"You brought up something that I think about a lot.
I'd be DJ'ing a bunch more, except I'm concerned about going out alone.
But its getting to the point where I'm just going to do it anyways".



How much do you charge and do you do Birthday parties?
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top