Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m beginning to build my 09 Nomad in the black powder coat finish. I’ll
be getting Chris King hubs and the thought of getting them in a color
other than just the same ol’ black came to mind. For whatever reason
the Tangerine/orange color came to mind and maybe the same color for
the headset as well.

So I’m asking for your guys opinions, would that look too clownish, would
it look like a lame Halloween themed bike ?? No other color really interest
me, or if I wanted to tone it down I’d go with the Pewter color.

Thanks for your help.

·
Fragglepuss The Chaste
2,115 Posts
Run with it. You watch, Punky Brewster themed bikes are going to make a come back and the last thing you want to be is left behind. Mix up all those King colors and create something no one else has. There are already way too many Plane Jane black Nomads out there.
Seriously, though; It's your bike, do what you want with it and don't worry about what others think. I'd much rather have something to set my bike apart from all the drab, all-black bikes out there. Tangerine and black would be a great combo IMO. If you've got cash left over, throw in a matching King BB to really set it off.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Yeah, the anno orange on black can be cool.

I am not sure about doing it to the rim though. The anno orange should be subtle, doing it on the rims too might be a bit over doing it.

But, dif. people like dif. things. If you spend the money on a custom built nomad, do try to make it tasteful.

Check the nomad/heckler photo threads, there are many nice color options others has done, and including a few that are a bit off too.:rolleyes:

·
Est. 1971
300 Posts
Hey, if you like it, that's all that really matters. Individuality is never out of style. Although, neither are opinions......

Personally, I've always like the combo of red and black. Black and orange would be good.

G

·
Confounded man, be brilliant like me and add some CK PINK on that black bike! Bike chicks will fall all over you wanting a ride...
Seriously though, put on whatever color(s) you like.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Captain Snakebite said:
What kind of levers you rockin'?
Danger Boys.

The gold hope seat clamp has been replaced as i did have a gold hope headset but due to a cracked frame, I went to an 08 1.5 headtube and had an fsa headset which was black.

My spoke niples are also gold:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Any one want to buy a gold 1-1/8 headset and seat clamp?

·
Busted!!!
472 Posts
biketavioumaximus said:
Danger Boys.

The gold hope seat clamp has been replaced as i did have a gold hope headset but due to a cracked frame, I went to an 08 1.5 headtube and had an fsa headset which was black.

My spoke niples are also gold:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Any one want to buy a gold 1-1/8 headset and seat clamp?
Did you have your Talas powdercoated black? Looks Tits!

·
Registered
427 Posts
mxracer33x said:
Did you have your Talas powdercoated black? Looks Tits!
Just rattle can, satin black. It's a float rc2 which did look TIT's!!

I recently sold it and bought an 08 lyric coil u-turn. The verstility and ride 'plushness' is great! 115 for long climbs up the hill, 130-40 for xc duties and 160 for DHing home. I also lock out (floodgate) when doing fire trail climbs abd commuting.

TITS!:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.