Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Huckin' trails
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From March 11 after a nice wet ride, I shined the heck out of my bike.

Does make for great pictures though.

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
So fresh and so clean!
Looks new

·
Just Ride
1,738 Posts
I don't spend that much time cleaning the tires. I wipe em off is about it. The rest I'll take the time to clean when it needs it, other than that, I just keep the drive train clean. Nice looking bike though. Where did you get the dragon sticker on the down tube? Or was that OEM?

·
Huckin' trails
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like nice clean tires.

The dragon is OEM paint. Its not a sticker, it's some kind of heat transfer print. Badass level of the bike was part of the reason I bought it over a few others.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Time to find some dirt! Only time I've seen tires that clean was when the UPS driver drops them off. Nice ride though!

·
Huckin' trails
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, just had to say those pics where taken in early march, about the first day we had nice weather. I went for a god damn wet ride, literally rinding into a few inches of water, so I had to make sure everything dried up nicely and wash away any salt (water was from the melting snow).

Now it's dirty. But still looking good.

Attachments

·
2,989 Posts
The dragon if not paint or an OEM sticker under the clear coat would probably be a water transfer. That's how decals were applied before they started using stickers. Some companies still do the water transfer though. They're a pain in the ass.

·
Huckin' trails
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
There is no clear coat. Matte paint (well semi flat). The graphics are not painted, more of a image transfer like many others. The Iron Horse, Yakuza and Aniki are stickers. The graphics on the head tube are made the same way as the dragon.

Looks good and is very durable, so I'm pretty happy.

Now I need to find some nice babe stickers for the top tube and something for the back of the seat tube.

·
Huckin' trails
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, the place really set the pace for some zombie killing though ;)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts