Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to stop making excuses and just jumped on my 2014 Fuji Nevada 1.5D and OOOO MAN how good it felt. I did about 10 miles in 45 mins to and from the office. Definitely going to start riding to work instead of driving. Overall the bike performed amazing, very smooth and quick shifts, the bike was solid and felt great even on normally paved roads.

I have to say the encouragement and motivation from this forum is fantastic. Despite the chilly temps and rain I still had a BLAST. what a great feeling to be out there again. Can't wait to ride more! Just had to share my experience and hopefully pay it forward for anyone still on the fence about buying a bike. Get one and get out there!

Cheers!

·
On wuss patrol
5,045 Posts
Your signature says 2013. :p

A journey begins with a single step. I hope this ride is the first of many and welcome back.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I started MTB riding again last year, after having my interest renewed by being asked to buy bikes for some friends.
I had not ridden since 1999, but l got on the low end Marin HT l had bought for them to try it out and instantly realised what l had been missing!

Straightaway l bought myself a bike, but it has taken a while to build up my fitness. Over time though, you will improve.

It is the best thing l have done for years and l have never looked back.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your signature says 2013. :p

A journey begins with a single step. I hope this ride is the first of many and welcome back.
Thanks! Can't wait to get back out there later today.

I started MTB riding again last year, after having my interest renewed by being asked to buy bikes for some friends.
I had not ridden since 1999, but l got on the low end Marin HT l had bought for them to try it out and instantly realised what l had been missing!

Straightaway l bought myself a bike, but it has taken a while to build up my fitness. Over time though, you will improve.

It is the best thing l have done for years and l have never looked back.
It was less than a few minutes before i realized how much fun it was and started feeling like a kid again. Will try to do a trail this weekend my skills are still pretty good!

·
Registered
690 Posts
Same here, in fact l went a bit mad at first, and crashed fairly badly....

So take care while renewing your off road skills.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tried my very first trail today. It was an intermediate level and it wasn't too bad. A bit long i did get winded and had to make a few pit stops lol but all in all very successful.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts