Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Old School
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this while going through some things around the house. Appears as new. Produced in 1987.

I'll have to hook up a vhs player to the tv and watch it again.

Hmm...I wonder if there is a legal way to "share" this?

Attachments

·
Dabney Coleman
73 Posts
If I remember correctly, there's a terrific shot of a one-legged racer blazing down the course in this film, just as sketchy as possible. He wasn't sketchy because he lacked a leg, but because he was FLYING! Had only the drive side crank, too. We used to have this tape on repeat in the shop I worked at. Must watch!

·
Registered
569 Posts
I was there...

Fillet-brazed said:
I havent seen that tape for years, but I still remember that crash vividly. Yard sale is a great description. :)
There was nothing like seeing him come down the freshly watered down course...of course not a pebble moved. Also his stock-trials skills were mad.

Speaking of crashes, The Team Kuwahara fella hit it hard as did Russ WOrley in the same corner of the Kamikaze...Although the crash of Gail Webb on the dual slalom was the gnarliset.

Now if only ~races~ of today had a combined events with Uphill, Downhill, XC, Trials and Dual Slalom...all around skills...

edit...I could be thinking '88...oh the memory

·
Crop Dusting Magistrate
610 Posts
I was there too -good times way back when...

Funny you mention Russell (the Muscle) Worley...my riding buddy...he still rips the legs off most humans when he rides.

·
Registered
569 Posts
cool, did you...

Howeler said:
I was there too -good times way back when...

Funny you mention Russell (the Muscle) Worley...my riding buddy...he still rips the legs off most humans when he rides.
The Tejon Trail Tour? I believe it was '87, coulda been '86? Point to Point ~30+ miles at Mt Pinos...man, thay don't do races like that anymore...Team Yeti was there and one of the prizes was an FTW stem...purdy.

Didn't mean to hijak, just a connection.

·
those are Rollercams...
1,894 Posts
JAK said:
There was nothing like seeing him come down the freshly watered down course...of course not a pebble moved. Also his stock-trials skills were mad.

Speaking of crashes, The Team Kuwahara fella hit it hard as did Russ WOrley in the same corner of the Kamikaze...Although the crash of Gail Webb on the dual slalom was the gnarliset.

Now if only ~races~ of today had a combined events with Uphill, Downhill, XC, Trials and Dual Slalom...all around skills...

edit...I could be thinking '88...oh the memory
How true, how true. Race were like festivals back then, more fun and less serious and the pros were all down to earth and friendly. Speaking of all around skills, I remember Scot Nicol competing in the stock trials at the Ross Stage Race in Massachusetts back in '84(?) on a drop bar Ibis. Awesome stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.