Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Just going from memory, but wasn't the Eli a simple single pivot 6"-or-so bike? The 7.875 X 2.0 sized shock is very common, and I'd bet your Eli would accept a 7.875 X 2.25 shock with a little checking for any interference at full compression. I cannot fathom any reason why an RP series shock would work just fine on that bike. Actually I'd be more likely to go with a Manitou 4-Way Air SPV. Bikes with 6" or more travel almost always seem to perform better with the additional tuning elements of a piggyback shock over the "straight tube" models. Your simple single pivot probably benefits from the SPV issue too.

·
NedwannaB
12,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Single pivot.......

TNC said:
Just going from memory, but wasn't the Eli a simple single pivot 6"-or-so bike? The 7.875 X 2.0 sized shock is very common, and I'd bet your Eli would accept a 7.875 X 2.25 shock with a little checking for any interference at full compression. I cannot fathom any reason why an RP series shock would work just fine on that bike. Actually I'd be more likely to go with a Manitou 4-Way Air SPV. Bikes with 6" or more travel almost always seem to perform better with the additional tuning elements of a piggyback shock over the "straight tube" models. Your simple single pivot probably benefits from the SPV issue too.
......kind of, considered "modified" single pivot, though looks more intricate to me. :confused: They have the frame listed as freeride, though with 3.5-4.5-5.5" adjustable travel, it's more all mtn/xc. I have it set in the middle range with a 5" float up front. An RP23 would seem more reasonable I guess for my riding anyway. Have to check a couple shocks out.

Thanks

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Ding, ding...the light just went off in my head. Now I remember the Eli. I was confusing it with the Revolver. Yes, the RP series shocks will work well on that model.

·
NedwannaB
12,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks tnc

TNC said:
Ding, ding...the light just went off in my head. Now I remember the Eli. I was confusing it with the Revolver. Yes, the RP series shocks will work well on that model.
Now, you know anyone interested in a barely used 4 way piggy back?:eekster: :rolleyes: :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.