Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ridden one of these things yet? Besides the lamest name you've ever heard for a bike, what do you think? Long shot - anyone ridden one and can compare it to a RIP9?

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
Spearfish comes to mind , with the Tomac's MSRP a tick above $4000.00 I suspect you won't see to many of them .

·
Administrator
10,570 Posts
AZ.MTNS said:
Spearfish comes to mind , with the Tomac's MSRP a tick above $4000.00 I suspect you won't see to many of them .
dang that's a lot of semoleans for a single pivot. I had a single pivot for many years, I would never want one again only because the braking action was so far inferior to my friends riding much more capable FSR type bikes, I would lose them at every corner and I had 7+' of travel and they were on 4" travel bikes. Of course it might just be that I am a bad rider but I prefer to blame the bike. Easier on my constitution.

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
AZ.MTNS said:
Spearfish is 80mm travel and Diplomat is 120mm travel, though the Diplomat is steeper geo similar to the Spearfish making it more of a long-travel xc bike than an AM bike.

There is a $3000 MSRP Diplomat model too, with actual street price being even lower of course

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
to the top

Just bringing this back up as I know this bike has just been released and I wanna here some impressions!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts