Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

41 - 60 of 427 Posts

·
Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
771 Posts
Hey ignaz - question. If you grab say your top tube and lift the rear end off the ground, then grab a carbon seat stay and push/pull up & down, is there any clicking travel goin on there? Never noticed this before...

·
ride
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
No - could be a couple of things, though. It could be a worn eyelet bushing in the shock or loose pivots. Put your fingers by where the bolt runs thru the shock eyelet and see if you can feel any play. Also check all the pivots to make sure they're tight. I had a couple of mine creep loose - had to Loctite them.

·
Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
771 Posts
Oh. That was easy. Gave left side pivot a tiny turn w/ the hex, blam, done. Durp durp.

Thank you sir.

BTW - love this ad. :)

·
Registered
441 Posts
I get a kick out of that ad too. My youngest is 12 weeks old and I showed the wife that ad and she asked if that's what he's gonna look like. :D

My oldest got a black Kona Makena for Christmas, only thing he was concerned about was getting color cause he wanted one that looked like my Carbide.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Just some very light type X's.. hhhmmmm a hundred spoke wheels.. tempting
Mine in Currently just under 8KG.. still peacing together some stuff.. saw one on a German forn at 6.9 6kg.. and yeas ride able.. he had done several races with it..

·
Registered
639 Posts
I love your enthusiasm for the Tomac Type X. I don't have any in my store yet so no pictures, sorry. I did get the Carbide XC in the other day as a demo bike and took it out for spin. Very fun bike. I wished it was a size larger for me but had to go with majority. I might get the Type X for myself, it seems more my style being more of a roadie.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello all-

I am trying to get some ride reports on the Automatic 120. I really like the way the bike looks and the geometry appears to be spot on. Since the new auto has not been out long, I heave not gathered much in the way of how it feels. Any shops on the thread have any customer feedback or personal saddle time?

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'm sure if you contact Joel at Tomac, he could lead you to some people who have purchased the bike and get feedback from them. I myself haven't seen or tested the new Automatic's.

·
Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
771 Posts
Anyone got some 2010s yet??

·
Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
771 Posts
I see they've updated the photos on their site at least. Paint scheme is different now. Got to say I prefer the 2009 pinstriping etc but supposedly they ride better & that's what matters...

·
Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
771 Posts
Hot bike, fellas, looks good in black. I have the white one. You know I had planned to trade up to a 2010 Snyper or Vanish, but I love mine so much I'm just gonna keep her. Go figure.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Just came back from a demo event here at our local Mtn bike park. Has a LOT of people enjoy riding the Carbide Xc I have and a Snyper Joel sent me. The most attention came to the Flint 29er by far though. I only had a frame so no test rides on it.

All the big names were there also, Trek, Specialized, Giant and Felt. I took a Specialized Epic 29er out for a spin myself. $9000 bike and I absolutely HATED it. Only shining point of the bike I rode was the SRAM XX drivetrain. I could go on about what I hated about it but this is a Tomac thread. I wouldn't trade the ride of the Carbide and at half the cost for anything I rode there. But what do I know, I ride skinny tires most of the time.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Noticed a lot of people here from Colorado talking up the Carbide. There is one on closeout in Lakewood at Treads Bicycle Outfitters in size medium. It was like $2700. Not to put out a shameless plug but it seemed like one hell of a deal for the right person. Wished I had the money myself. All I hear about is how good the Carbide is for epic rides and racing.

·
ride
5,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
My 2010 Snyper will be here early next week. Unfornately, it's been pretty busy at the shop here so I won't be able to build 'er up right away. I'll put some frame pics up when I get it. Can't wait!

·
Y no grease?ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
771 Posts
Nice!! We have contact - what color? Yeah they're not gonna be @ Sea Otter tomorrow, boo hoo.. so looking fwd to your pix!

41 - 60 of 427 Posts