Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sneak Peek - Ritchey Commando Fatbike Debuts at NAHBS Today!

Sweet bike!

Tire Wheel Bicycle wheel rim Rim Spoke

Sneak Peek ? Ritchey Commando Fatbike Debuts at NAHBS Today! | FAT-BIKE.COM

Some highlights of the new Commando:

• Show bike fillet brazed by Tom Ritchey - production model available October 2014
  • Premium seamless, heat treated, triple-butted Ritchey Logic II tubing
  • Forged and machined headtube, stronger and lighter than standard 1-1/8" head tubes
  • Spacing: 135mm front and 170mm rear
  • Room for 26 x 3.8" tires
  • MSRP $999.99

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would guess the over all quality will be much better than the Charge Cooker, BD and other brands that sell in that ball park and less. If I didn't already have my Pugs, this would be my first fat-bike .. great value for that price point.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
The Charge has a very nice frame, offset but still very nice. What makes it a low price bike is the equipment on it.

I would guess the over all quality will be much better than the Charge Cooker, BD and other brands that sell in that ball park and less. If I didn't already have my Pugs, this would be my first fat-bike .. great value for that price point.
I am willing to bet that is for Frame set only. It is a nice looking bike.

I'd be willing to be the MSRP is for a frameset only.

·
will rant for food
4,029 Posts
I am kinda interested to see how many folks stick with 170 vs 190...

Glad to see it's not just dying off as some had predicted.

THere's still a lot of flux in fatbikes.
Yep. "Add salt according to taste."

I like the looks of that thing, no surprise considering it is from a master.

Fad bikes, my ass.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I own a Charge Cooker Maxi, and think it's a great bike for the price point. HOWEVER, I can definitely see myself ordering a Ritchey frame, great quality and I love to support smaller companies...especially Ritchey!!

Thanks for the info!!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Charge has a very nice frame, offset but still very nice. What makes it a low price bike is the equipment on it.

I am willing to bet that is for Frame set only. It is a nice looking bike.
Yup! And why I went with the Pugsley instead of the Charge when ordering through REI. The Pugs was a little higher, but considering the components .. the Pugs was a far better deal.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.