Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Sadly it does appear so

dlbennett said:
Heard the rumor, is it true?
According to the Port Blakely webpage, all their lands are closed to recreation entry due to fire danger.

I resurrected (unfortunately) the webpage I did from last year which has contact information on it to get the information straight from the landowners.

SEATTLE AREA FIRE DANGER CLOSURES

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
I had the question posted to me. "Just how much of the area we ride is PB property anyways?" Well, sad to say, about 90 % of it and you have to ride through it to get to the 5 way at the top of IAB.
No worries, will be good to get away from Tolt for a month or so and ride other places.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't remember Tolt having been closed before. Is this the first year that they have closed the trails due to fire danger? Assuming the area won't re-open til we get significant rainfall, this could be November. :confused:

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Yeah, the same thing happened last year too. They got really freaked out when they had the big brush fire across the valley off Entwhistle street. Took about a month last year too before they got 2-3 days of good rain and opened it back up. No big loss for now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts