Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Faster the Better!
187 Posts
where is that skinnie? I have rode that trail so much but have never seen that log ride and the skinnie! The bridge have seen and last time I was on it looked like someone had stablized it...

Eric

·
Banned
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cocheese said:
Does the date 1996-2004 mean that the trail is now closed? Or is the footage from that time?
94-06 refers to the amount of time I have been actively climbing, skiing, and biking in Washington. Alpinelite is a now defunct climbing and ski mountaineering website I published for several years. The dates have no reference to the trail or the area, which is good to go.

·
Faster the Better!
187 Posts
where is that skinny? I have rode that trail so much but have never seen that log ride and the skinny! The bridge have seen and last time I was on it looked like someone had stabilized it...

Eric

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
There's a new(ish) ghetto skinny/drop area off the South side of the upper ridge line on Upper PR. Can't miss it. Entrance is below the Bypass trail junction. Looks like it's plugging along slowly. Probably kids from Fall City. I keep moving their tools around just to mess with them.
The little trail gap is fairly new and goes into a new trail which drops out near the lower road junction.

·
Banned
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
FadeToBlack said:
Z,

Are you just setting the camera on a tripod and filming--or is it held by a buddy?

--j
Dude, I just set it on my pack, or on a tree branch, or whatever is convenient after scoping the line. Then sprint back up (cuz the camera is running at that point), bomb past, stop, sprint back up (cuz the camera is still running), shut off the camera, and then start all over. It takes me about 5 minutes to get a couple of seconds of video. Some of the videos I've done are a group effort with people holding the camera. Those generally turn out to be better overall. It's just an interesting hobby documenting some of the local trails and areas. I had a helmet camera, but it got ripped off and I just haven't gotten around to replacing it. Maybe next year I'll upgrade to some real equipment. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
225 Posts
word, it pisses me off so mch when people mess with my sh*t out on the trails, especially if they are riding the stuff i am building

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
Waaaht? I just move 'em 10 feet from one place to another every now and then. Just to let 'em know it ain't so "hidden..." At least I don't rip it out like the horsey people do.
Why do builders leave their tools out in the open anyways.
That's just plain dumb. Costs money and is a pain to haul in.

This stuff is so ghetto it's not really worth riding anyways. unless you like rickety 4' to flat stuff. looks like they are building a bigger one though.

·
Banned
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Borneo said:
This stuff is so ghetto it's not really worth riding anyways. unless you like rickety 4' to flat stuff. looks like they are building a bigger one though.
:eekster: :eek: :D :thumbsup:

LMAO...too true Borneo...I learned my lesson about dropping onto flats this year. I need to stay off Specialized's radar for awhile. If they complete that big drop I predict they will be hauling some carcasses out of there soon. The landing is too flat and too short for something that high.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.