Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i know it's not retro or vintage as far as the frame goes, but..

it does have Togglecams and WTB brake braces, and a rad TypeII.

and i just got the word that it is done.

can't wait to share the rest of it with you guys.

just have to wait for the ups guy.

if the photo works, it's of the BB being welded to the seat tube.

oh yeah, keep your eyes peeled for Steve's all new website.

all for now
nate

Attachments

·
Registered
995 Posts
Wow Nate! Very cool. It's not often we get a behind-the-scenes peek at a master at work.

Hey, i just realized, that rootbeer suprise I gave ya probably didn't have an overshift pin installed. Send me your addy & I'll get it out to ye.

Pete

·
Registered
7,696 Posts
ssmike said:
Nice jig Steve's got :D
I dont know much at all about jigs really, but he does have a really nice looking jig set up in his shop. Much nicer than that bench vise thats for sure! All of his equipment looks to be top notch. Its a really awesome shop with a matching view.

·
Registered
5,991 Posts
That tube sitting near the edge of the workbench isn't the headtube is it? looks overbuilt ;)

I can't wait for the web site. (and seeing your bike will be cool too.)

·
Holy Chromoly!!
542 Posts
banks said:
Why would the head tube have a Bottom Bracket Shell welded on it??
:D

I heared Steve's workshop is setup pretty decent, spacious and with a very nice view for sure on the San Andreasfault. Would like to see more pic's of his workshop!

Ps... I hate teasers like these. You've been going on about this project for quite some time now.. and I want to see the whole rig! This teasing begins to look like children with candy, poking your eye's out!! :(

·
Registered
508 Posts
Nate.... question....

Does Steve do only steel or does he weld Ti? Is he still going to use that great looking head badge he had going some years ago? I love his work.

Congrats

JS

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
another pic, should answer some questions

SS Jerry said:
Does Steve do only steel or does he weld Ti? Is he still going to use that great looking head badge he had going some years ago? I love his work.

Congrats

JS
hey jerry,

yup same headbadge, and he actually has switched over to entirely all Ti frames and Stems, with the only exception being the steel Type II's.

oh, and the banks, the top tube is identical to the MC unit. actually almost everything is with the exception of having a deraileur hanger. no reason to differentiate it from my Favorite riding frame.

as for the workshop and jigs, his place is pristine and full of amazing equiptment, plus he built the workshop entirely by himself, and has an amazing view of Point Reyes National seashore.

can't wait to go visit.

all for now
nate

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
'Tini - You gotta be quivering in your boots right about now................... :D

·
Witty McWitterson
5,023 Posts
Pretty much. Nates been spouting off about thsi bike for a while now. Dropping littel hints of it here and there. Allthough, I can't even imagine what the anticipation is like in HIS shoes. I'm just craving pics.

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
True.
Waiting S U X ! ! !
- I'm going through that right now on the last bit o' parts for my Road bike. :rolleyes:

·
Non Dual Bliss
6,240 Posts
Some pics of Steve's shop

Jeroen said:
:D
I heared Steve's workshop is setup pretty decent, spacious and with a very nice view for sure on the San Andreasfault. Would like to see more pic's of his workshop!

Ps... I hate teasers like these. You've been going on about this project for quite some time now.. and I want to see the whole rig! This teasing begins to look like children with candy, poking your eye's out!! :(
He's got a beautiful shop and for whoever asked he has a pretty decent "jig" now and will soon have one of the best (see last pic). Here's some pics Steve sent me the other day including a pic of a certain somebody's fork....check out the boss location for hints....

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.