Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried the toe warmers yesterday during a 1 hour after work ride... They worked as advertised. They kept my toes warm for about 45 minutes. The last 15 minutes, my toes didn't get frozen but it wasn't comfortably warm either. I placed them on top of my toes (between wool socks and top of my shoe) since putting them beneath my toes changed my foot positioning relative to the cleat enough to make me feel it in my ankle and knees (yes, I'm very particular about positioning). My fingers did freeze after 45 minutes however. I'm going for a longer ride this afternoon with both hand and toe warmers to see how they fare... Overall, for the price, it's an awesome product if it can keep me riding longer than 1 hour in the winter...

·
Hoops - Big and Small
1,083 Posts
For His and Her Pleasure

flipnidaho said:
Overall, for the price, it's an awesome product if it can keep me riding longer than 1 hour in the winter...
To extend your riding pleasure - and if you find your heated up for more than four hours be sure and seek medical attention.

Found on the passion board

Attachments

·
Wandervans
2,084 Posts
I wonder which manufacturer

flipnidaho said:
I tried the toe warmers yesterday during a 1 hour after work ride... They worked as advertised. They kept my toes warm for about 45 minutes. The last 15 minutes, my toes didn't get frozen but it wasn't comfortably warm either. I placed them on top of my toes (between wool socks and top of my shoe) since putting them beneath my toes changed my foot positioning relative to the cleat enough to make me feel it in my ankle and knees (yes, I'm very particular about positioning). My fingers did freeze after 45 minutes however. I'm going for a longer ride this afternoon with both hand and toe warmers to see how they fare... Overall, for the price, it's an awesome product if it can keep me riding longer than 1 hour in the winter...
of toe warmers you bought. They should at least last 4 hours unless they get wet, which does kill them. Maybe your feet sweat like crazy...

I just picked up a box of them last night for the winter season to go with my new 06 lake boots with the funky lacing system.

Try them again and see how they work or maybe you could try cabellas heated socks they might do the job. Or even cooler is hottronics footbed warmers: http://www.hotronic.com/products/footwarmers/index.htm

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Where did you get your box of warmers?

smilycook said:
of toe warmers you bought. They should at least last 4 hours unless they get wet, which does kill them. Maybe your feet sweat like crazy...

I just picked up a box of them last night for the winter season to go with my new 06 lake boots with the funky lacing system.

Try them again and see how they work or maybe you could try cabellas heated socks they might do the job. Or even cooler is hottronics footbed warmers: http://www.hotronic.com/products/footwarmers/index.htm
And were your other Lakes worn out?
Man, Smily, you have the biggest bank of disposable income I have ever seen!

·
Wandervans
2,084 Posts
they were getting there

mtnbkrdr98 said:
And were your other Lakes worn out?
Man, Smily, you have the biggest bank of disposable income I have ever seen!
The sole had peeled off in one spot and they are getting pretty worn out, they will be my backup pair.

only live once might as well enjoy myself.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Okay thanks Chris

smilycook said:
The sole had peeled off in one spot and they are getting pretty worn out, they will be my backup pair.

only live once might as well enjoy myself.
I will let you keep them then :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.