Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So should i be peddling with my toe, middle or ball of my foot? i noticed that i pedal more with my toe going uphill and when im on flat surface i use the middle of my foot or the toe. What would be less strenuous?

·
Registered
105 Posts
On a road bike you set your cleats on your shoes to match up with the balls of your toes and that puts you over the spindle. If you are riding regular pedals I still think you should be using the ball of your toes but if get tired switch to your heals and you will use your hamstrings more than your thighs. Using your heals though is only for when you can sit down and pedal without having to worry about a lot of techi stuff.

·
don't thread on me
429 Posts
snaky69 said:
It's pedaling, peddling is quite a different thing.
Too funny Snaky..or is it two funny! ;)

12gaugehug. Go with clipless pedals. Problem solved.

Oh!, and check out my signature for a little clarification on peddling....:D

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Shimano PD-M520. My LBS sells them for $50. They're cheaper than other pedals and you can adjust the tension of the spring while you are learning to ride clipless. To top it all off, your shop will adjust the cleat position for the best fit for your feet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.