Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I dig trails!
5,608 Posts
The big bummer is that the gears are not nearly as big as a road bike, so top speed is not all that aero worthy.

I also saw someone in the Trek forum with a 150mm Sherman fork on a CF Fuel. Yikes. Luckily peeps on the forum were kind enough to let him know the consequnces of such a stretch.

Mr. P

·
Don't touch me!
843 Posts
Aside from:
1) different rear dropout spacings b/t road and mtn hubs,
and
2) v-brakes that are useless on road rims,
it might actually be rideable. The clip ons were a nice touch.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
LOL! Its a 29'er Fuel! Braking should be interesting seeing as how the brake pads dont reach high enough to a 700c rim. This must be the same guy with the Marzocchi triple crown fork on his road bike :D

·
I ride a Swarf
1,314 Posts
Used 700c with disk hubs on my trek 8000 and subsequent s-works FSR...prolly still will...but I have a single speed road bike for tarmac purposes now.

I quite like it.

If you can't afford another bike, or don't have room it makes a good compromise. about 2 or 3 mph extra on the flat (according to my gps). I used a narrow ratio road block, didn't run out of gears on the flat. Might do with a tri bar though.

Stu

·
Weird huh?
2,286 Posts
?

Laugh it up people. What yer lookin' at is next years Paris Roubaix winner!!!

uhh yeah,this is a mt bike forum. So.......
'Paris Roubaix' A Classic one day road race held each spring. Greg Lemond rode it one year with a prototype front shock made by RockShox. Part of the race is traditionally run over some very rough cobblestone sections. The race is prolly most famous for its spectacular crashes, as it is slick, muddy, and wet. Before y'all roll yer eyes and think that slick, muddy, and wet is what you look for......this is a road race typically run at 20-40mph on 140psi 1inch wide tires. Not the most desireable for wet cobblestones.

Cmdr 'anyone seen my lycra?' Piffle

·
Bicyclochondriac.
15,230 Posts
SpareTireScott said:
Blatent abuse... it's either a Fuel 98 or 100, expensive bike to start with...
Like someone else said, this picture is meant as a joke. The brake pads are not even touching the rims.

·
Now broadcasting from CO
1,225 Posts
Joke or not...

kapusta said:
Like someone else said, this picture is meant as a joke. The brake pads are not even touching the rims.
The color of the patio furniture is very much wrong. The only other thing that is weird is the aero bars, cause I put 1" slicks on my Epic for longer road rides with the few teachers at my school that are roadies. They are pretty fit guys, but I can easily kick their butts up any hill even with the 28-ish lb bike :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.