Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, let me apologize for the horrible quality of the pics. They are stills taken from a video clip and so are pretty lousy. Second, and I want to emphasize this, small spruce trees are not nearly as yielding as they look from a distance. I do not recommend hitting them. At all.

You can tell from the shadow on the ground that my bike got quite a bit of air. Way more than with me on it at any point today, in fact.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I caught a pedal on that dumb little jack spruce and it stopped the bike full-dead in an instant. Surprised the hell out of me too. I had just landed a little drop and was paying more attention to the landing than what lay 10 feet beyond. I whacked my thighs on the bars pretty solidly when they caught me sort of like a lap belt. Bike's doing great. Something about wanting to do it again...

·
Alaska Turner Mafia
1,120 Posts
Holy shoulder separation Batman!

Hey, I resemble that move! Ouch, I hope you're okay. Your shoulder looks like it took the brunt, how is it? How did you just happen to capture that on video?

Easy trigger, we need you healthy to continue your superb reviewing. If you were laid up, who'd carry the torch? No one else has your destructive knack. You ride alone a lot, so simmer down, maybe take it down just a notch. You know, live to ride, ride to live, you want to be able to ride tomorrow.

Tomorrow morning may be when you feel it. Can you say recovery day?

Take it a little easier,
Randy

·
Waiting to exhale.
1,030 Posts
Daaaaaammm! All that from a little bush !? OUCH! Are you wearing really long white socks?! :p

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
obviously the pack is not enough if you're going hardcore on spruces.
You need to go with the DHR if you want to ride that hard! : )

fianlly a good light-hearted self-deprecating pic.

congrats, nice judo fall!

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
SMOKEY said:
Daaaaaammm! All that from a little bush !? OUCH! Are you wearing really long white socks?! :p
I'm in awe of that cusotm paint job he's got, A complexion-matched 6 Pack! Ts, Maybe I should have sent you a bottle of tanning oil instead of shock fluid.

Wicked stack, looks painful. From the shots, it looks like a first day on clipless pedals.:D

·
Toby Wong?
1,307 Posts
bwaa!!! Holy Sheet That's Awesome!!!!! Bam! You Were Flying! Ahhhhh Hahahahahahaha!!!

Great Sequence. Glad To Know You Walked Away From That One, Tscheezy!!

·
Outcast
8,588 Posts
I feel your pain Tscheezy. I once caught a pedal on the take-off of a five foot drop, rotated in the air, and landed curled up, upside down, on my neck, with my bike in my ribs. I flopped around for a couple mintues unable to breathe, wondering if I had broken my freakin neck. I had several mishaps on that particular jump, but that one was the icer. I never went back to it.
Nice to see you wearing body armor!

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
Been there done that unfortunately. So who's taking the video? and is there a laugh-track in the background?

·
Pixie Dust Addict
3,368 Posts
Ooooooo! That made my shoulder cringe. I had experienced the same sort of ejection (over the front) from my RFX last year wearing X-C gear and I didn't complete the roll quite enough to land on my back and separated my shoulder at the A-C joint. Killed my off road cycling for about 3 months.

Great footage! Hope everything is OK Tscheezy.

·
Just Grin and HUCK it...
855 Posts
tscheezy said:
I was thinking more along the lines of "lawn dart."
Nice shots TS. I'd give you a 9.5 for the half-roll (good form - stop: well, the bike did anyway; drop: more like launch; and roll...) and the pack a 9.8 for the complete in-line sommersault with an added measure of height.

The last time I did something like that, I ended up with a broken collarbone.

When will the video be posted?

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Actually that's my 5-Spot taking the screamer. (I'll have to delete those pics if I ever sell it ;) .) Everybody came out hunky-dory.

I'm editing the video this week. It looks pretty cool so far. Maybe BoutiqueBikes will host it.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.