Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
slow
7,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stopped into a local shop that carries used bikes and found a couple of vintage rides that brought back memories. Tempted to buy for the parts (especially cranks), but wife would kill me.

1984? Stumpjumper - Orange lugged frame w/ Shimano Deerhead derailleurs, Specialized Cranks, and Suntour rollercam brake.

1993? GT Zaskar - Purple Ano Frame, XTR M900 series group, Purple / Silver Bullseye front hub, Mag 21, and lots o purple bits

Wish my garage was a bit bigger

·
Registered
336 Posts
sgltrak said:
Stopped into a local shop that carries used bikes and found a couple of vintage rides that brought back memories. Tempted to buy for the parts (especially cranks), but wife would kill me.

1984? Stumpjumper - Orange lugged frame w/ Shimano Deerhead derailleurs, Specialized Cranks, and Suntour rollercam brake.

I know the feeling!:D The Stumpjumper sounds later than '84. Orange with rollercams would make it an '86 or so.

Craig

·
VRC Illuminati
17,654 Posts
sgltrak said:

1993? GT Zaskar - Purple Ano Frame, XTR M900 series group, Purple / Silver Bullseye front hub, Mag 21, and lots o purple bits

Which shop and how much? :)

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
Is it the place a couple blocks west of the main drag, in an industrialesque strip mall? I almost walked out of there with a cruiser tandem a few years ago...

·
slow
7,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Debaser said:
Is it the place a couple blocks west of the main drag, in an industrialesque strip mall? I almost walked out of there with a cruiser tandem a few years ago...
Yup. I find a few treasures in there occasionally. Got a set of vintage XTR canti brakes for $10 for an SS project about 6 months ago.

Shayne, the Stumpy would be more attractive if the saddle, tires and front wheel were original, but the rest of it looks good. Might be a good candidate for the rumored Ground Control reproduction tires due out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.