Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had some fun today building up my new SS. Not quite complete, so just sharing some progress photos for everyone. I did have to borrow the wheelset from the kona unit until my blingy wheels are done and out of the 5 seatposts in the parts bin not one 28.6 so the first ride around the neighborhood was standing....also was suprised that the kenda nev.. 2.35 fit on the back....

Currently running 34x18.....will post build list when done, hopefully soon...

Already enjoying the EBB over sliding rear dropouts....

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
handling question ?

I am still waiting for the last few parts, and wanted to know if anyone has any thoughts on turning the stem over. I guess I wont know how it feels until I receive the seatpost, while looking at it last last the front looks a little high(the fork is set 100mm)

any thoughts on what to expect if I do decide to turn the stem over?

110 x 5 degree....

·
Registered
847 Posts
seatpost shim?

I use a Cane Creek shim to adapt a 27.2 to 28.6 for my Ibis. It works fine.
Might help to hold you over until you get your post?

mudpie said:
I am still waiting for the last few parts, and wanted to know if anyone has any thoughts on turning the stem over. I guess I wont know how it feels until I receive the seatpost, while looking at it last last the front looks a little high(the fork is set 100mm)

110 x 5 degree....

·
Cracker-magnon
1,153 Posts
mudpie said:
I guess I wont know how it feels until I receive the seatpost, while looking at it last last the front looks a little high(the fork is set 100mm)
It might look allright once you get the seat/post on there.

mudpie said:
I tried it with my stumpy, and did not like it at all. It felt like it put my weight a lot farther forward, and I never felt quite right on the down hills.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys for the feedback, I was thinking about the shim, but it turns out MHC had a 28.6 race face layback in stock, also larry advised thomson will be coming out with a layback in 28.6 x330mm sometime this year,,,,

and I never felt quite right on the down hills.

Thats what I was afraid of.....

Thanks again.....should be close to done next week

·
ali'i hua
1,796 Posts
so, did you have push work on that fox fork? wha'd they do? any benefit? I only recently found out about "push"ing a fork o'er on the 9er bored, and I'm curious about their work.

btw- great lookin jericho! Josh does fine work, and a fun dude to hang out with. wish he'd be a little more consistent with a website and contact info.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SlowSSer said:
so, did you have push work on that fox fork? wha'd they do? any benefit? I only recently found out about "push"ing a fork o'er on the 9er bored, and I'm curious about their work.

btw- great lookin jericho! Josh does fine work, and a fun dude to hang out with. wish he'd be a little more consistent with a website and contact info.
I had to borrow the fork from my burner until I decide what fork set up to go with. I do have a kona project 2 rigid I am thinking of trying. As far as performance having the push platform helps a great deal with unwanted brake dive and even helps out when out of the saddle and grinding. I will have to adjust the rebound and comp more for the hardtail as push set it for a fully sus bike, but all in all much smoother and betting tracking after the mods....they were very good to work with as well...

As far as jericho, I hope they can get back on track with there website and making frames. I really like what I have seen since receiving this frame...the quality is top notch for sure....

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
How about getting

a flat handle bar. It would/could look weird with an inverted stem and riser bars!?
mudpie said:

110 x 5 degree....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.