Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Elitest thrill junkie
36,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this is the best day we've had all year long. Sorry no pics, but overcast, 68-72°, occasional light rain, fog on the mountain tops, it really doesn't get any better. Saw only 3 other riders out.

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
I think this is the best day we've had all year long. Sorry no pics, but overcast, 68-72°, occasional light rain, fog on the mountain tops, it really doesn't get any better. Saw only 3 other riders out.
Were you on the coast in Cali?

·
EDR
10,228 Posts
Replacing alternators is fun especially when the fix works and you saved over $100.
Well, I don't know if it was fun. Had to remove the radiator fans, removed the a/c compressor just to be able to get to the stupid thing. But I am happy to have saved my daughter a lot of money. Saved her a lot more than $100, probably closer to $225 as I sourced her part online for $50 less than any place local, and of course several hours labor by the shop.

Back to the topic.....Yes it was a great day to ride, even in PHX. Too bad for me.
Doc, got any vac pics from today?

·
Banned
5,540 Posts
Well, I don't know if it was fun. Had to remove the radiator fans, removed the a/c compressor just to be able to get to the stupid thing. But I am happy to have saved my daughter a lot of money. Saved her a lot more than $100, probably closer to $225 as I sourced her part online for $50 less than any place local, and of course several hours labor by the shop.

Back to the topic.....Yes it was a great day to ride, even in PHX. Too bad for me.
Doc, got any vac pics from today?
edr:

You sound like your a good dad.

I didn't ride today, I played the rat exterminator guy today. My sister in law has an ongoing rat problem at her house, so I have to bait the traps and put out Decon all over the place to keep the rats from over taking her place. There is a dead rat smell in her guest bathroom and I was cutting walls open to try and find were the smell was coming from, so far I have not found any dead rats, so I guess she will have to live with the smell until the rat dehydrates.

If anyone has a better idea as to how to get rid of rats or locate dead one I am all ears? She has three indoor cats, so I assume the indoor situation is under control.

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Yup. I hardly saw anybody on the trails of Mt. Elden.Temp was perfect and the dust was ever so slightly better. We still need a real soaking to make it perfect. Certain holidays are great for being in the woods with fewer crowds.

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
He was in Phoenix.

So wanted to get out myself but unfortunately it was also a great day to replace my daughters alternator. :rolleyes:
Same here. I wanted to ride yesterday too, but I was on day 5 of our kitchen remodel job. I was probably a full day behind schedule and that meant no riding. :( Just all day painting...

·
Certified slacker
217 Posts
It was a perfect day at pass mtn. Got alot of sprinkle and great cloud cover. Unfortunatly a broken rear der hangar on one of my buddy's bike didn't think it was a good day to ride and we had to cut it short.

·
PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
4,325 Posts
Flagstaff trails were empty as well. Very surprising with the weather in the 60's. I think everybody was at the parade downtown though.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
I'll see your yesterday, and raise you today. Partly cloudy, 98 degrees, 32% humidity. National was nice and tacky after the rain. I saw 3 people as well. Nobody on the way down.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Elitest thrill junkie
36,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If every day could be like yesterday, I'd be very happy. I love riding when you can't get too hot or too cold. No worry of sunburn due to overcast. Occasional light rain that never soaks you (ok, a few places around town did get a little more soaking). It was a perfect day, just great for doing any and everything outdoors. Today was kind of same old, not many clouds, 90, hot, etc.

·
livin' the dream......
1,941 Posts
YEsterday felt like April. Did the double bypass loop in the McDowells. About 75, raining & windy in the saddle of wind gate pass. Full on downpour (just a few minutes) on my climb up Bell Pass. That was a treat for sure!!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts