Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23,381 Posts
GDR said:
I am meeting Mergs today @ 3:00 @ the school and we are going to ride Ringwood if anyone is interested.
I'll be there, but closer to 6:00. Doing an evening/night ride. Also, giving it a little more time to dry out after yesterdays monsoon. We were riding when that rolled in. That lightning got way too close for comfort. We actually ditched our bikes and hid along some rocks till the bad stuff had passed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From 287. - (about 10 min from 287)
-Take skyline drive all the way up and down the other side until you get to Greenwood Lake Turpike.
- Make a right onto Greenwood Lake Turnpike. (goes along the lake)
-Make your first right onto Skylands Road.
-Make another right onto Cupsaw Ave.
-Make the first left onto Bear Mountain Rd.
-Make a right onto Valley Rd.
-the School is on your left. Go up the steep drive way and park on the right.

·
it's just baby phat..
865 Posts
here i am!

mergs said:

good ride today, but too much chit chattin. ;)

and where's phat when we need him... man, i cannot re-create the phat loop. we have to beg him to take us out again so we can complete that loop properly. :(

hey mergs. yesterday was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! :) i ALMOST joined you guys but i guess i wimped out after all the rain on saturday. :rolleyes: the reason i didn't go is that my bike is in like new condition now and i didn't want to have to clean it up before the race this coming weekend. sorry. i went for a road ride instead but the whole time i was thinking about being out on the dirt. i was jealous. ;) how were the trail conditions? glad you guys had a good ride. oh, i'd be happy to show you that loop again. happy trails!

phat

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
phatbiker said:
hey mergs. yesterday was absolutely BEAUTIFUL! :) i ALMOST joined you guys but i guess i wimped out after all the rain on saturday. :rolleyes: the reason i didn't go is that my bike is in like new condition now and i didn't want to have to clean it up before the race this coming weekend. sorry. i went for a road ride instead but the whole time i was thinking about being out on the dirt. i was jealous. ;) how were the trail conditions? glad you guys had a good ride. oh, i'd be happy to show you that loop again. happy trails!

phat

the trails were in great shape, even with the rain... some loose rocks on some of the carriage roads but the st was dry and clear. a good day... we almost did a road ride ourselves, but could not resist one more time on dirt. my bachelor party starts next week on wed (4 day riding trip to White Mountains NH) so I will probably do exclusive road rides between now and then just to get the fitness level up, and injury level down..

yesterday was a good pace. you would have liked. :) i am sore today.

we keep getting messed up one one of the turns... we climb the switch from the parking lot, then we do that st, then the fireroad climb, then make that left back onto st. that dumps us on a fireroad, where we make a left, then a quick right that takes you to the white trail. we then do that left at the gap in the rock wall, then a quick right up the racecourse st. that crosses a fr then we continue to the lake. this is where i am confused at what we next did with you a while back. we have gone right and left around the lake and we always end up at the green trail. I thought at this point with you we picked up the blue to white up to the overlook, then we turned around somewhere and hit the green. yesterday we just did green to the bottom climbed back up, then we end up on blue. i know this is the wrong order from the "phat tour" we did with you. :(

·
Registered
227 Posts
I was on Cannonball

At the top of skyline for the first time. A couple of notes for myself the next time I go:

Leave the rigid bike at home, trails like this were why FS was invented. Performance will you please send me my stinking parts already!.

Swap out the clipless for my ZuZu's, the parts of this trail that I rode before I turned back to the lake do not lend themselves to spinning or aerobics. Unless you call hanging on for dear life an aerobic activity.

Adjust brakes <before> I go riding.

Email Camelbak thanking them for their hydration pack that saved my spine from high impact collisions with stream bed boulders (twice). My wrist is another story.

Don't do heavy bench presses the morning following all of the above.

Get back to this trail next weekend.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.