Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bearlike
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I need to ride.

Three students at the school I teach at were shot while in a fight yesterday afternoon. I'm going to a long ride this afternoon. At least something makes sense.

·
Kilted Cyclist
356 Posts
OMG!!! I hope that your ride is going to clear up your mind a little. It is tough stuff to get over. Did you know them?

·
surly inbred
1,541 Posts
Littlebear73 said:
Today I need to ride.
Local news reported a story tonight. Young boy had been shot a couple months ago. Innocent victim of a drive by shooter. Seems the bullet had lodged in his head just below his left eye. Surgery would be sketchy, so it's a wait & see down the road if necessity requires. Miraculously, no harm.. he has returned to a healthy, jovial young boy intent on youthful antics. For every story that brings disenchantment there is one that springs hope...

I hope you had a great ride.

Young Tyrell was happy tooling around on his bmx attemping wheelies.

·
Bearlike
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
blizzardpapa said:
OMG!!! I hope that your ride is going to clear up your mind a little. It is tough stuff to get over. Did you know them?
The fight was a Hatfield-McCoy style feud. Pickup trucks full of teenagers with guns. People in the community were "shocked" that this would happen, but are not when a meth lab gets busted or hundreds of kilos of marijuana passes through everyday. Two of the kids were in my class a couple of years ago.

The ride was good, cleared the head.

Thanks for asking, have a good night.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.