Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Bodhisattva
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Half day of work today. Spending it with Larry on the local trails where it's dry & warm.
Heading to Vail tonight where they've gotten 2 1/2 feet of Colorado's finest over the past few days with another foot expected this weekend.

DGC...are you listening :)

Attachments

·
Bodhisattva
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Whoa there Tap. This ain't gonna be my first ski trip of the season. I've already rounded first.
But unfortunately I'm locked away in the office during the week (but I arranged to have this coming Monday off).

Now if I could only get Larry & Darren off their butts to come join me :D

·
Toby Wong?
1,307 Posts
geezus, the best Colorado opening season in years and you're still riding your bike. :rolleyes:

git sum, Squeek! I'll be doing the same here.

FRRR-ESSSHHHHHHH

anyone see that picture from Steamboat's 48" in 48 hours.....

dat's what i'm talkin' bout!

and don't goad DGC.....Tahoe's hurtin'

·
Bodhisattva
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Get that man a snorkel !!!!!!!!!!!

I've had days like that. But they're few & far between.

I'm trying to convince my Mrs to leave work early so we can get on the road by noon. Most recent forecast from NWS is calling for a foot with Blizzard conditions over Loveland & Vail passes.

PS. Darren is afraid of snow. Too many years in SoCal.

·
Toby Wong?
1,307 Posts
tell Darren that riding deep pow just might be the perfect compression/rebound ratio.

tell him his bud Tap says so. :D

(and.....toughen up, buttercup!! 1 run and you'll be warm!)

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
You're gonna love it - had to work the snowblower for an hour this morning to clear the new 12" off the driveway. We're in a lull right now, but the report is for another 10-12" tonight. It's supposed to start around noon. Main Street Frisco (right outside the window) currently has 5 foot high plow mounds. Looks like another winter of '96. The bikes are in the workshop hibernating.

·
Bodhisattva
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cutthroat said:
You're gonna love it - had to work the snowblower for an hour this morning to clear the new 12" off the driveway. We're in a lull right now, but the report is for another 10-12" tonight. It's supposed to start around noon. Main Street Frisco (right outside the window) currently has 5 foot high plow mounds. Looks like another winter of '96. The bikes are in the workshop hibernating.
Yeeeeeeee-freakin'-Haaaaaaaaa

Looks like the 96mm waisted Chiefs are coming out tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!

And the snorkel :D

And it's sunny, dry and in the 40s here in Loveland. I love Colorado.

·
Bodhisattva
10,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Tappoix said:
tell Darren that riding deep pow just might be the perfect compression/rebound ratio.

tell him his bud Tap says so. :D

(and.....toughen up, buttercup!! 1 run and you'll be warm!)
And the funny part is that his San Diego native wife is chomping at the bit to ski :D

·
contains quinine
4,639 Posts
rmac said:
Hmmm, clearly, a few of us FR CO dwellers need to hit the powder in the morning and the trails in the afternoon just so the warm-weather homers don't start getting too uppity...
Man, THOSE are the days! I did that once, Apex in the morning in short sleaves and shorts, and Keystone in the afternoon.

·
My cup runneth over
2,424 Posts
Hmmm, clearly, a few of us FR CO dwellers need to hit the powder in the morning and the trails in the afternoon just so the warm-weather homers don't start getting too uppity...

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
Tappoix said:
and don't goad DGC.....Tahoe's hurtin'
Not anymore.

Kirkwood Snow Report
December 2, 2005
alternate print version report
Weather
Temperature 19 °F Wind Moderate
Skies Cloudy
Today's Forecast - Chance of light snow.

Snow Stats (snow totals in inches)
Last 24 hours 18-30" Season Total Range 35-69"
Last 48 hours 18-30" Base Depth 18-36"
Storm Total 32-54"

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
I'm all over it on Monday, screw the crowds!!

Fri- 50's and riding
Sat/Sun- ride, drink beer and laugh at fellow FR's who are stuck in I-70 traffic Sun night ;)
Mon- freshies at Copper mtn.-oh yeah

·
Amphibious Technologies
3,472 Posts
PUSHIND said:
Yup, the boy who grew up in Northern Maine and is no stranger to -40 F is definitely afraid of the cold. :rolleyes:
Darren
I knew it! SoCal weather kinda got you spoiled huh Darren? It's nice and sunny in the low 70s here today. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.