Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding dirty, from Walnut Creek up Wall Point and partying at the Southgate pay station.

Me, EBrider, IMJPS, Stormhouse and others. It's going to be a party!

Reactions: Mr.P

·
injured reserve list
619 Posts
I should be out there unless they close the road by 10. I'm trying to find my county orange jumpsuit from halloween..

·
injured reserve list
619 Posts
I called the Mt. Diablow phone # and they are STRICTLY enforcing the "no alcohol" policy with gates closing at 1pm and reopening shortly after the race goes thru. So hide your contraband well.

·
injured reserve list
619 Posts
Anyone going to the finish in Livermore? I'll be there hanging out around the 1st Ale House after the KOM on Diablo

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Well that sucks, the live coverage started in Walnut Creek, no Diablo coverage.
I ran with the lead group and the peloton. Cowbell in one hand, camera in the other.

This stage was so much more fun than Sierra road last year. THere were no barriers and you could get right in there and run with the racers. it was so much fun.

And the alcohol policy was not enforced well at all!

these were straight when I posted them. I blame francois!

Attachments

·
Crazed Country Rebel
6,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
759 Posts
Nice pics, Liquigas was 8 strong up front on Diablo and again controlling the race along with Garmin later on. Sagan is making this race look too easy. The peloton seemed to be soft pedaling for most of the race before they amped up the pace just before Patterson Pass. Even the break of 4 riders on Marsh Creek Rd were just rolling along until the Bissel and Columbian riders broke away. It seems like the race is waiting to develop on Big Bear and Mt. Baldy. Anyway, I was just below the pay station on Southgate and then down in Livermore on the last left turn before the final sprint and I have to say that the bike riders and general population were out in FORCE! Way to rep the region, maybe we can get another stage next year and even a Mt. Diablo summit finish

·
injured reserve list
619 Posts
So I just finished watching my DVR'd coverage of the stage race today on the NBC sports network... wow. That sucked as far as not having any live coverage of the Mt. Diablo KOM climb, they showed bits of it in replays but not what I expected at all for a KOM climb on live TV.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I took a day off to take in the sights of the TOC today. I rode up Castle Rock to North Gate Rd and over to South Gate where I hung out waiting for the Peloton to roll by. The riders in the breakaway make it look easy climbing South Gate. I bet they were doing 15 mph+.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts