Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
just a man
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somebody turn the A/C on, it was a hot one.

Crash_Burn climbing an oh-so-steep 4 in the radiance

RRB sweating in the heat

flipinidaho burning up in the sweltering heat

RRB, Crash_Burn, & flipinidaho asking "When will this heatwave break? I bet the 2O way out yonder are a little cooler."

flipinidaho on Chickadee - "I've had enough of this warmth. I am heading home."

Crash_Burn follows back to the air conditioned casa de flip

Sorry no tanktop and flipflop shots for the Cap'n up North... ;)

·
Monte Su Bici Maldita
336 Posts
Holy Crap!! That is hotter than the high for Phoenix right now!! Well at least your indoors is. 49 degrees and it is bloody cold out! I'm used to Boise weather and yet I am cold here. Apparently from what everyone else says, it is a different kind of cold here.

·
Cleavage Of The Tetons
6,502 Posts
Pfft. It was -25 here yesterday morning. And -45 in Yellowstone.

I rode a century in just my knicker bibs.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
You probably have more humidity in the air there this time of year; that's what makes it feel cold. I feel the same way when I go to SoCal

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Nice

Bombin4X said:
Somebody turn the A/C on, it was a hot one.
By the looks of it you got nice powdery grippy snow and no mud too cold.

Dave, Ben and I got a decent one in the Owyhees. Lessee, shorts, long tights, two pairs of wool socks, winter riding shoes, thermal underwear, short sleeve jersey, 2 Pearl Izumi jackets, a 3rd (outer) Kraft Jacket, Balaclava, Ski Gloves. Riding in the frozen tundra, Priceless!!!

Actually, down and around Reynolds Canyon was super nice, as seems always, and no snow on blue cooler coming back.

I like that squeeky, crunchy sound that powder makes under your wheels.

I am also getting a bit tired of this snow/freeze/thaw/mess cycle (no pun intended) and am ready for spring!!!

·
just a man
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rideit said:
Pfft. It was -25 here yesterday morning. And -45 in Yellowstone.

I rode a century in just my knicker bibs.
I wore a hot pink bib skinsuit with flipflops, while riding a municycle and juggling greased-up bowling pins. But since neither of us posted pics of ourselves we'll never know.... :D

·
just a man
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
98!

Hey man got your message after the ride - glad you guys had fun out there! My rear tire was spinning out a lot on the climbs actually. So I did like twice the pedaling! Gary made the same comment about all the squeaky rubber tire on snow noise, funny. We gotta get out there soon......

Ride on DK!

cp

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Okay

Bombin4X said:
Hey man got your message after the ride - glad you guys had fun out there! My rear tire was spinning out a lot on the climbs actually. So I did like twice the pedaling! Gary made the same comment about all the squeaky rubber tire on snow noise, funny. We gotta get out there soon......

Ride on DK!

cp
I want to try out the Parkerpumptrack come spring

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
Ha!

I wore a hot pink bib skinsuit with flipflops, while riding a municycle and juggling greased-up bowling pins. But since neither of us posted pics of ourselves we'll never know....
These pictures were on the "cool down ride" after the municycle riding, juggling act was over.
Thanks to C&B and CP for joining us for breakfast, brunch with a few minutes of climbing in between... Luckily, my butt slide on 4 was not captured on film... I need to remember that steep XC HA + Molasses Shock (from the hot and humid weather) + trying to keep up with the fast dudes + Snow on the ruts on 4 = Butt Bruising...

Attachments

·
just a man
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hack said:
Looked like fun. Glad i was not there. Hey C.P. you wearing that outfit when we're in Fruita?
Thanks for noticing - flipinidaho and rocknrollbarbie instituted a Friday "Clown Ride" that I've never been able to make, so I decided to catch up on Saturday with the rides I missed.

Probably won't wear that in Fruita, it'll be too cold..... :eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.