Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres my bike

heres the thing i dont know really anything bout good parts for a bike at the moment. im and i want to do trail riding some freeriding basic all mountain. as you can see i dont have any suspencion, mustang wheels shimano altus derailurs with rapid fire shifting. no clue on breaks or the rest of it. should i upgrade any parts for what i want ror just deal with what i have for now. i know some of you think that you should ride what you have till you break it but im thinkin what i have may break soon considering what i want to ride. what do yall think

·
Still a child inside...
844 Posts
For AM-FR get a good hardtail, like IronHorse Yakuza Chimpira/Bakuto, Norco Sasquatch, Banshee Scirocco, etc etc. They're nice for trail riding, but still cheaper than FS.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thats not a freeride bike, Doesn't even have tabs to mount disk brakes...

Maybe a new bike.

There is some cheap, actually very nice bikes out there for maybe 600$

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
That looks like a ridable bike.

It does not look like a bike that should be used for any significant jumps, drops or rock gardens.

·
EDR
10,586 Posts
this is a joke, right?

Why does the front wheel look like it's turned around backwards, or at least the stem?

You can have fun on any bike so go enjoy it. Just don't overshoot any gap jumps or drop to flat on that thing......seriously.

...and get rid of those death spikes attached to the bars if you plan on doing anything that requires that your wheels leave the ground, haha. (but seriously)

·
EDR
10,586 Posts
dogonfr said:
That's funny...

I think a tune-up is in order. (the rusty chain was my first clue)

OP: Honestly the bike is not made for trail riding. That doesn't mean you can't ride it on trails but it does mean it wasn't meant for anything more than paved roads and maybe canal riding, at best.

If you punish this bike on off-road trails it will likely fail in many different ways over a short period of time. Not trying to dissuade you from riding it, it's just that it seems to be a Wally-World type of ride.....

DO NOT JUMP IT! At least that's my advice.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks a bunch, at the moment i dont have a budget really but will be saving up money. or well i have about 250 in the next month or two. but will be swaving up. the bb i believe ( where the cranks are?) is loose a bit and would have to replace them shortly. i guess ill just take it to some smooth trails and joggin paths for now. thanks.

·
EDR
10,586 Posts
Just go have fun on that thing but be careful on trails. Keep the wheels on the ground and see if the bike shop can tighten the bottom bracket or cranks arms, maybe they don't need replaced at all.

Some day you'll look back and remember this bike fondly :)

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh ive had plenty of memorys, i used to take it to the canal and off on some trails crashed some times. its about 10 years old now. i think i will just ride this one till i can afford a new or used bike better suited for what i want.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.