Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m going to be going to a dh Park for the first time this upcoming summer. I’m a broke college student and as such I currently ride 2002 Rocky Mountain pipeline that I bought for $300 from a buddy’s dad. I mostly ride singletrack around the tristate area but I’ve been meaning to make a trip to a dh park for years. I’m gonna be going up to mount snow vt, and I was wondering if I should rent a bike or if I’ll be able to have a good time on my old Rocky Mountain

·
jcd's best friend
3,317 Posts
I would rent. I'm not entirely sure how bike rentals work but you might have to put down a deposit along with rental fees. You get the deposit back if you bring the bike back in one piece ;)

Someone else here might know more about deposits and bike rentals.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I'm going to be going to a dh Park for the first time this upcoming summer. I'm a broke college student and as such I currently ride 2002 Rocky Mountain pipeline that I bought for $300 from a buddy's dad. I mostly ride singletrack around the tristate area but I've been meaning to make a trip to a dh park for years. I'm gonna be going up to mount snow vt, and I was wondering if I should rent a bike or if I'll be able to have a good time on my old Rocky Mountain
Im not sure what Mt Snow is like, but most lift accessed parks youll have a way more fun time with a more aggresive bike. Rental(s) uou also get to experience different bike(s)

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Call in and make sure they actually have decent bikes with droppers. I once rented a FS in Utah and while the bike was OK, not having a dropper was a downer as that is 100% useful in any riding that includes descents.

be prepared it'll cost you $100+. the cheap bastard in me translates such cost into possible bike upgrades I could have instead.

·
Wanna ride bikes?
9,785 Posts
A $500 deposit on a CC is common, usually $70-100 per day.

I would say rent a bike for maximum fun, plus you're not pounding on your own equipment.

·
psycho cyclo addict
3,183 Posts
I always rent (call in advance to see which shop has a wider selection/something available in my size) and never had a bad experience. One time I even had a guide bring the MTB's for my wife and I to ride trails on the north shore of Kauai.

Don't use a dropper so no worries if they don't have 'em.

·
Professional Crastinator
6,539 Posts
Yes rent. Call ahead to make sure they have or will have your size. Sometimes they also have basic, sorta tricked out, and full blown models to choose from (at different prices, of course).

-F

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.