Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna get a MOJO SL WTF . My LBS guy tells me at 215 lbs I might be pushing my luck w that carbon 22 lbs animal . Any truth to that . I'm almost 40 , mostly XC , few downhills but nothing to crazy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You'll be fine. There are guys on this forum much heavier than you that ride mojo's. And if anything does go wrong with the bike, Ibis has the best customer service in the buisness (read: replacement frame in three days) Get the bike. You'll love it.
-Ryan

·
Registered
26 Posts
I previously rode a specialized Epic s-works carbon. the mojo is a different world. of course it descends smother and faster, but what really blew me away is that it climbed better! I am now climbing in 2-3 gears higher than my epic, and cleaning technical climbs that I couldn't before.

·
Registered
9,917 Posts
If anything, you will destroy those light wheels. I'd mentally prepare for a decent wheelset in a few months. I'm 185 and personally don't like bikes that light but the flimsy wheels would be scary to me- not just the failure potential but the flex they would lend to the bike.

Why don't you get the frame and build it up with the best parts and a custom-built wheelset. It will be more durable, ride better, and maybe even be a bit cheaper.

·
Registered
145 Posts
like i tell other skeptical people, i am 220 without equipment and i ride pretty hard (midwest riding) and had no prob. i do have a heavier but great custom wheelset (dtswiss 240s hubs, swiss 5.1 rims, comp spokes) get it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.