Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I went riding with a friend and this guy used to be cool... going for new stuff and hitting sh!t w/o a problem...
Now he is on the bling bling side with 50bux NYC FreeRide bar ends , X.9 shifter/del. ect. and yesterday he was *****ing abut a 6 fts. drop saying that he wanna save it for the races and was all crazy about no srcaching the bar end and sh!t... WTF... that comes along when u go 'bling bling'...!!?

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
That doesn't come along with blingbling. I mean, my gold V-10 has probably half a dozen extra components in gold, but shouldn't mean they can't get ridden on. I just try and watch myself to not destroy them but by all means don't hold back lol. ;)

·
Sedona, Az USA
1,036 Posts
nothing prettier than a bling bike that is beat to hell cause it gets ridden. i dont tear my sh*t up cause it cost alot and i work hard and save along time but i dont hold back at all when riding cause im afraid of scratching my bike or body. maybe your buddy is in his thirties and becoming a pvssy.

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
M1_joel said:
nothing prettier than a bling bike that is beat to hell cause it gets ridden. i dont tear my sh*t up cause it cost alot and i work hard and save along time but i dont hold back at all when riding cause im afraid of scratching my bike or body. maybe your buddy is in his thirties and becoming a pvssy.

This guy is 19 and I hope that he is not 'becoming a pvssy' ... I used to have a lot of fun riding with him... but that fvcking bling bling sh!t got into his head...

Since I have a ghetto mentality... what is the sence of buying a 50bux NYC FreeRide bar-ends when for 20bux u can get the DangerBoy wich are the same sh!t...!!?

·
Registered
752 Posts
I avoid bling factor components for this very reason. I don't want to worry about scratching my pretty bike. All I care about is being mechanically sound.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,972 Posts
VIA said:
This guy is 19 and I hope that he is not 'becoming a pvssy' ... I used to have a lot of fun riding with him... but that fvcking bling bling sh!t got into his head...

Since I have a ghetto mentality... what is the sence of buying a 50bux NYC FreeRide bar-ends when for 20bux u can get the DangerBoy wich are the same sh!t...!!?
like I said to you in another post....some people age faster than others...guy is going to the dogs of the female variety

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
WTF? Bar ends on a FR bike? Tell your friend to take that sissy-a$$-xc-dork-crap off his ride. Bar ends are over.

If he can't scratch up his bike, it's not a real bike. It's a Pavement Queen. Tell him to start hucking or trade that thing for an all-carbon road bike, it's a better tool for the job of being a tool.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
IMHO scraches and natural wear are the most bling you can get. Now that's when the bike is old. I bought mine new and it still looks fresh. Doesn't mean that I don't ride it, just a major clean up every now and then, plus there is no mud here.

·
Don't skid
1,160 Posts
A nice clean bike full of bling bling does look nice. Like when I go to the bike shop and drool over all the new shiny bikes. But what I really like is when someone pulls up and a bike that looks like hell, all dirty and scratched with worn out grips, torn seat and sh!t. You think 'what a POS', but then he lets you ride it and it feels soooo nice. Suspension is tuned to perfection, nothing squeaks, creaks, or rubs, wheels are true, everything is tight. Now that is better than any amount of bling bling.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nothin wrong with bling, those pink pedals nyc freeride showed on here awhile back were way sexy :) . If i had their bar end caps i would probably be real careful for a couple weeks-maybe a month, but eventually i would bite it and maul one and things would be back to normal. just give him some time, he will eat it eventually :)

·
Renegade of Krunk
604 Posts
I'm usually worried about scratching up my bike for about the first month of riding and then after that I don't really care. When it's brand new and you can still see the hole in your wallet from buying it you tend to be a bit easier on it ;)

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
KONA_in_SB said:
A nice clean bike full of bling bling does look nice. Like when I go to the bike shop and drool over all the new shiny bikes. But what I really like is when someone pulls up and a bike that looks like hell, all dirty and scratched with worn out grips, torn seat and sh!t. You think 'what a POS', but then he lets you ride it and it feels soooo nice. Suspension is tuned to perfection, nothing squeaks, creaks, or rubs, wheels are true, everything is tight. Now that is better than any amount of bling bling.

I doble that 100%...
To bad that most of my best mate riders from last year are all on the bling bling side this season... they are like little biatches with there new rides with maching colors and super expensives parts...
FVCK the BLING BLING...

·
Banned
1,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Morda said:
Maybe your friend is buying some bike parts. Then wants to put the bike together perfectly. THEN ride it...

Ever thought of that?

mmm... that's how it works for everyboddy...I think that when some1 put a bike together the idea is to do it perfectly...RIGHT...???

But what have that to do with the bling bling

1 - 18 of 18 Posts