Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I Like Bicycles
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just installed J7s and I think the front needs a bleed. I'm basing this on the feel of the stroke compared to the rear. The rear is noticably firmer and the return is more pronounced where the front lever has a softer feel.

Is this normal because of the cable lengths? Or should I get the front bled?

Also, how the heck do I run this through my frame properly? I have an '07 Chameleon and I have resorted to using electrical tape the keep the hoses on the frame.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
yeah..you probably need a bleed if it feels "squishy" once the brake engages....otherwise recheck that both pads are moving similar amounts...

your frame should probably have guides for using zip ties (cable binders) to attach the lines...

·
Registered
314 Posts
before you bleed them, try this: remove the wheel, squeeze the lever a bit several times until you see the pads coming a bit closer to each other (not too much, though. or you wont have room for the rotor). put the wheel back on and try the brake.
this works very well on my magura louise.

·
I Like Bicycles
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Boise said:
yeah avid's usually need a bleed. They don't come too bad from the factory but it really helps to bleed them first.
So will I get brake fade because it's a factory bleed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.